Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #1  

WGTactical

I have been watching the threads here for some time now and will be making a purchase shortly. Some of the threads are a bit old, and depending on how well the various manufacturers addressed concerns, will more than likely have an effect on how they would be recommended now. I am trying to figure out which machine (Cat, ASV or Bobcat) and which head seems to would be the most durable, maintenance friendly and best overall performance. With that said, which machine/head combination would you recommend as of today?

Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #2  
Of those 3, the Bobcat is the only way to go IMHO.

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #3  
For skid steer Takeuchi TL250 high flow is far above those three.

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #4  
In my experiences I've heard really good things about the takeuchi high flow machines. They seem to hold up to the conditions best out of all the skid steer carriers but it is still just that, a skid steer, so plan on having a few issues. As for the head I've had good luck with my FAE 150.

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads
Thanks for the input.

Well I started looking into the Takeuchi machines, and it appears they are certainly worthy of consideration too.

From what I gather, ASV and Takeuchi seems to be more popular than CAT and Bobcat of similar capacities, with the primary weakness on the ASV and CAT being the undercarriage and weight being a consideration with the Takeuchi.

Of these brands of equipment, does any seem to clearly stand out above the rest for durability, performance and factory support? I welcome any good and/or bad experiences with any of them.

I am wanting this equipment primarily for the maintenance and upkeep of the 70 acre property here...mostly wooded. There are wet areas as well as some hills to deal with. Among the areas needing clearing maintenance has plenty of Privet and as well as some trees/branches already on the ground. I dont mind buying equipment that it a bit overkill for what I am doing, and I would like to buy it right the first time (if such a thing is possible):laughing:

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #6  
After running a Bobcat T320 for over 840 hrs in mulching conditions with the Bobcat branded Fecon head, I can't say that I'm disappointed. The machine is a tank and (so far) has had excellent reliability. The forestry package is among one of the best for protecting the machine and keeping debris from becoming a fire danger in the frame of the machine. The only thing I don't like, is the access to the stacked radiators. When mowing in grassy situations, plan on stopping at least once a day to let the machine cool down and lift the radiators up to blow them out. Other than that, I'm very impressed with my company's T320.

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #7  
Give it till next Tuesday, Bobcat is releasing 3 new machines and one is gonna be a big one. I have a few bobcats and havent had a problem with them yet all running mulchers and brushcutters. The Tak is a tank for sure, the debris and cooling I have no idea. The Cat 299C I had continuously overheated.

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads
Thanks for the continued feedback guys! Any input is appreciated:thumbsup:

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #9  
Look at pt 100 forestry pkg with cimf head, it has more power than bcat. they all have problems you need to look into extented warrenty it is worth the extra $. The asv holds up better just from 10yrs exp. Tac 150 might be ok
they have a really good extended warrenty from factory. The rest machines extended warrenties are after market and the ones I had on my bcats were better than factory warrenty it covered rollers which on bcats are $600ea. But next machine will be pt 100

/ Current Skid Steer and Mulching heads #10  
Just give it a couple weeks im hearing rumoprs asv is releasing a new pt with electronic controls higher pressures and more flow than anything in its class as usual. The combination of a gyro trac head and a pt is by far the most productive skidsteer mulcher on the market. It is also has the fastest ground speed of anything on the market. i have two pt 100s on with 1700 hours on it and the other has 1400 on it and have been very good machines.