Ever heard of CMI Carriers?

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #2  
I have heard good things about them sat in the cab of a 275 until they told me the price!!!!! The salesman told me that it had been on the lot for a while and it was "special pricing" It was special alright. A man could buy two FTX 148-Ls for what they wanted for that machine. I LOVE my 148 and I would sure buy another one if I needed it.

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers?
Well that settles that.

CB - do you get similar performance out of the 140 and 148? Think I'm going to demo a used 140 in the area. I know the cab is much nicer on the 148, but the 140 should be a lot nicer than the T320. If I don't sit in a 148, I should feel good in the 140, especially at less than half the price of a new 148.

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #4  
Performance wise they are very close depending what you are cutting. The John Deere in the 140 will get down and grunt blowing the black smoke like a diesel should. The Cat in the 148 is a tier III and she is much cleaner but does not seem to have that low end that the Deere has. If you are in tall stuff the 148 will do a little better because of the reach but for half the price what can you live with. With all of the upgrades installed the 140 can be a money maker. We have learned that the rock was our worst enemy with the 140. Once we decided to keep it out of the crazy rocks and work dirt as much as possible it has been a much better performer. Some rock is un-avoidable but a few of our jobs were solid flat rock. The 148 has a longer and wider undercarriage that seemed to help out in the rocks. Now that the Barko has joined the stable neither of the crawlers have to work in those rocks again.

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #6  
UPDATES ON PROBLEMS THEY HAVE HAD WITH THEM. FINALS C FRAME ETC.THEY ARE TUFF MACHINES I UNDERSTAND ONCE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #7  
Rayco and Fecon (mainly Fecon in my case) did step up and do a ton of upgrades on the machines. I only know what my machine got and who stood behind it.

My machine got a new C-Frame, had plates installed to beef up the in frame fuel and oil tanks, new upgraded final drives (well after warranty expired) even fixed a final or two before new ones were available after warranty had expired. Slotted lugs were put in on the bottom pins so the head had some tilt side to side, the quick attach plate was replaced by a three pin system. I am sure there was more!! That was all factory stuff.

On my machine we had a problem with the rocks tearing up undercarriage parts so I had all of the rollers and rock guard bolts tapped to larger size bolt, pulled the computer and had it re-programmed to run the top fan wide open all the time, i had the thin steel plate taken out of the head and had 1/4 installed because the thin stuff had begun to bow up from material passing through (see the 140s on machinery trader), there is much more that escapes me right now.

I wanted to sell my 140 for quite a while but it is needed right now. It is currently working at an altitude of 9000 feet on good soil and she is kicking some major tail. we elected to leave it there and bring the 148 to AZ because the 140 is just grinding piles left behind and the extra reach is not needed. if you get one you'll figure out what she likes and don't like fast. main thing is to not tear stuff up, they all break because of the job they do but unnecessary abuse just gets real deep into your pockets fast.

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #8  
UPDATES ON PROBLEMS THEY HAVE HAD WITH THEM. FINALS C FRAME ETC.THEY ARE TUFF MACHINES I UNDERSTAND ONCE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT

I own one 2 1/2 years now 2700hrs and still trying to get the bugs out,seem to kill one and another takes its place,the Rayco agent here bloody hopless so have to figure it out myself:(

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #9  
You running a Rayco or a Fecon? Mine is a Fecon and everyone from the CEO down has done all they can to keep us running. Now the machine is really good and just needs maintenance type stuff. Things will always break but the design flaws have all been fixed. Rayco has never been any help for us.

/ Ever heard of CMI Carriers? #10  
You running a Rayco or a Fecon? Mine is a Fecon and everyone from the CEO down has done all they can to keep us running. Now the machine is really good and just needs maintenance type stuff. Things will always break but the design flaws have all been fixed. Rayco has never been any help for us.

A Rayco.The local agent will not carry any spares not even hydraulic oil filters.I run a Fecon mulcher on it and have been recently talking to their distributor here in Australia and has been very helpful,given me the lowdown on Rayco and why Fecon on longer sell the 140.The biggest problem he is on the west coast and I am 2500ks away:)