PT100F VS. AX

/ PT100F VS. AX #1  

AX MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7010 4wd
I leased a PT 100F last week with 168 hours and a Fecon head.
As you know from reading my post. I am not excatly a poster child for ASV.
But. I do try to be honest and fair when commenting.
The ASV was a huge improvment in comfort over my machine. Not only did the AC work it worked extremly well. I was actually trying to run it without being cold.
The cab did not keep all the dust out but, it is a huge improvment over the older ones. No more dust storms blasting in from the vent under the seat, around the edges of the cab or blowing by a cheaply designed door. The door is much stronger. You could actually tell who I was at the end of the day.
The cab also seemed to be insulated.
The AC design is much better by being relocated from the top of the cab where it was begging to be ripped off.
Those were positives Right ? YUP.
There were some problem areas that have not changed.
The head leaks foward and must be constantly tilted back.
The tracks have had to have alot of slack tacken out according to adjustment plates. A track did become loose and was popping after the first day.
The Fecon head quit working on Friday after 26 hours. It had to be removed from the job site and is now in my drive waiting to return on Monday. Did not get 40 hrs. Now that is not and ASV issue. But. If this was a job I had bidded and was hoping to make a profit, instead of doing a favor for someone. It would have been one step foward and three steps back. Again.
There were no leaks on this machine and I never had to work with floor plates.
I did like the protection over the engine compartment. It seemed to keep the trash out.

/ PT100F VS. AX
What was the problem with the head?
The problem was in the valve. After it was repaired and ready to work I asked them to show me what to do if it happened again. Two hours into the job it died. Needed 1 5/8" wrench. Remove plug. blow it out. Replace plug. Worked fine