Terex PT-100G forestry

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #1  

Robbie Hegwood

Platinum Member
We'll this should change the conversation about the new machine some. Just received a brochure for the new machine. The pictures explained some of the track question's some. The new machine is NOT based off the old 100, it is based on the newer SR series platform. So they have stuffed the 100's engine into the SR series and added the outward opening door. Several quick observations. 1. Talk about a tight package, several feet shorter than a 100. I haven't spent much time in the new cab?? I hope to see one next month and will even get some seat time. I'll put Buck to the test, I'll have gauges on the head and we'll see what she puts out!!:D

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #2  
Have you had a chance to put in seat time in the new 100G? My local dealer called last week and said they finally had one in stock. I am looking forwad to your input.

Thanks
Shawn

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #3  
Are there any pictures or links to the pt100? Havent seen anything yet.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #4  
I can understand them wanting to make a more compact unit but I wonder if they have considered how tippy the machine will be with a mulcher hanging off the front ? The loss of the engine overhang and large counterweight will make it front heavy and will also put a lot of extra stress on the front axle . This will cause axle/idler damage and also make it bury the front of the tracks in soft ground . The machine looks great and I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am .

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #5  
I can understand them wanting to make a more compact unit but I wonder if they have considered how tippy the machine will be with a mulcher hanging off the front ? The loss of the engine overhang and large counterweight will make it front heavy and will also put a lot of extra stress on the front axle . This will cause axle/idler damage and also make it bury the front of the tracks in soft ground . The machine looks great and I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am .

i agree with you robbie, nice machine, i dont think it will perform well at all,i would buy a supertrack befor the

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #6  

Interesting assessment. I'm sure that Terex didn't think of any of those things :). The machine actually weighs more than ASVs old PT100 forestry model and has a higher ROC (around 4000lbs) and tipping load. We actually have quite a few guys around here running current versions and I don't recall any of them saying that handling a 2300lb (give or take) cutter head makes the machine tippy. It looks like it would work well for what it is...a versatile machine that weighs under 12000lbs with a stock engine and factory hydraulics that no other CTL can match- 4.4L, load sensing, adjustable 45gpm@3800psi.

If I'm not mistaken, the forestry version also has rear guarding that would add extra weight to the rear.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #7  
I was going on Robbies comment that they are several feet shorter than the previous model and from the pictures I have seen of the two machines .

The PT100G with Forestry guarding looks like it has near vertical counterweights on the rear of the loader towers but with less engine overhang . The PT100F has more engine overhang and a huge lower counterweight which is further rearward than the G . The G also only has 4 lower track rollers compared to the 5 on the F so it has smaller feet than the F , to me this all adds up to a more Tippy machine . I look forward to Robbies assessment of the machine later to see if there are any issues .

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #8  
What is the fuel capacity, looks like there is no room unlike the original. Maybe they know what they are doing. It may be a better machine. Good luck TEREX.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #9  
What is the fuel capacity, looks like there is no room unlike the original. Maybe they know what they are doing. It may be a better machine. Good luck TEREX.

has anybody done any serious mulching with the terex? if so does it overheat? how roomy is the cab?

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #10