old style fecon vs new fgt series

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series #1  

treeman40

Silver Member
what is difference in production durability etc

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series #2  
They claim there is a big difference in quality and production I tried one and put my HDT rotor back in. I know cb loves his, I wasn't a fan of it. Now I finally installed the daf 180 on my fecon. Man talk about a difference.

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series
Ive run gyrotrac heads and love the finished product and production ,i work in alot of rocky ground dont think i would have good results.arent you running a smooth drum on the fae

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series #4  
treeman40 said:
Ive run gyrotrac heads and love the finished product and production ,i work in alot of rocky ground dont think i would have good results.arent you running a smooth drum on the fae

FAE rock drum on the tigercat. It has the stone crusher teeth on it. I'm getting a CIMAF cutter for the tigercat as soon as possible or just a CIMAF rotor for the FAE housing. The rock does wreak havoc on the teeth but even a dull tooth seems to cut as good of better than the others.

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series
ive ran chipper teeth on fecons. they get to big of a bite.production is the same when you have to change teeth and fixtures.

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series #6  
Both are good. I have 2 FGT and one Bullhog. The best part about the FGT is that our first one had 620 hours on it and not even a hint of a shake. I hear from the balance man that they are super easy to balance but I do not know since I have not had to have either balanced yet.

Production rate is hard to compare...the FGT is in the FTX 148-L and it has loader arms and a two speed 160cc motor. The BH 85 is in the 140 with no loader arms and single speed motors so I do not have an apples to apples comparison for you.

I can say they both kick butt though. So i think you will be a winner not matter what Fecon head you choose.

/ old style fecon vs new fgt series #8  
It is the smooth drum head manufactured for Lynn Hendrix by Fecon.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 508
   / old style fecon vs new fgt series #9  
I have a bh74ss with chipper teeth for sale if anyone is interested....it was on my sk120 when i purchased it and removed it for the denis cimaf. it is in great shape with around 1500hrs.