How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees??

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #11  
Big Dozer with a root rake.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #12  
Place an add on Craigs list and say COME CUT YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE - FREE.

Problem solved. They cut, they haul it away, you only have the stump.

Place the add in several cities. Check with your insurance agent.

Also you can call another grower and let them cut and sell them in lots. Lastly you can sell them cheap as LIVE trees to hotels, homes, country clubs. Again they did and haul, you could help if you wanted to.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #13  
Do you have any power plants by you that burns wood chips? Fellow buncher would make quick work of them but your still left with stumps.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #14  
Have you googled timber harvest. There are company's that will pay you to come cut your lumber.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #15  
a 8 with a kg blade. come back and rakeand burn it. or mulch it

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #16  
Biomass..

any local electric companies doing biomass pilots or anything similar?

Get them to come in and clear it. youd still have to deal with the stumps though.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #17  
We have had xmass trees in the past. To get rid of the old ones there are 2 basic methods. Cut the tree off at the ground level. We have a tree shear but can use chainsaw. Pile and burn the trees. The stumps will rot out in a couple years and then can farm. Can also cut off and use a ripper to remove the stumps next year and then haul off the remains.

2nd method is to dig, pull or bulldoze them out. It is not hard to dig with a wheel loader. Excavator with thumb could also easily pull them out. A good sized tractor (takes weight and traction more than hp) can also easily pull out trees with heavy chain. I have also hired a bull dozer as well. Put in piles to burn later. However, now you are putting dirt around the roots in the piles. You will still have excess dirt and stumps in the piles that won't burn. Then can dig and bury or push the remains in a ditch ect.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #18  
I have found that cedar trees push over easier than most. A larger tractor with a FEL should be able to push many of them out of the ground.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #19  
Why not clear with a mulcher (fecon, etc) to ground level and replant with timber. Pine in this part of the country but I think you plant something different in Oregon. That would allow you to keep it classified as farmland and provide a great long term investment.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #20  
Why not clear with a mulcher (fecon, etc) to ground level and replant with timber. Pine in this part of the country but I think you plant something different in Oregon. That would allow you to keep it classified as farmland and provide a great long term investment.

The OP is from Oregon. I suspect that the acreage required to qualify for forestry-use property tax assessment differs across states. In NC, 20 or more acres in one tract are required to qualify.

Steve