How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees??

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #41  
If I could make that much in two weeks, I'd take the rest of the month off and go fishing.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but you just can't run a mulcher for that. If you add up all of your expenses including wear and tear you lost money. You would be better off staying at home. The minimum you can run a skid steer size mulcher is $125/hour and that's lean.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #42  
Bio-Harvester - Fecon
9.jpg

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #43  
There you go. Call and tell them you have some land they can do a demo. We are scheduled to attend one this spring. Around $600K for the setup plus $100K for each trailer. Trailers will dump into a open top dumpster or on the ground.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #44  
There you go. Call and tell them you have some land they can do a demo. We are scheduled to attend one this spring. Around $600K for the setup plus $100K for each trailer. Trailers will dump into a open top dumpster or on the ground.

Looks like a pretty standard dump wagon. No reason for it to be 100k. :confused:

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #45  
Looks like a pretty standard dump wagon. No reason for it to be 100k. :confused:

That was my thoughts. I didn't get a firm quote, just talked to a rep on the phone and he was quoting approximate pricing.

We are scheduled to check out the Gyro Trac Bio Bailer and Fecon Bio Harvester tests this spring.

I got to operate a Gyro Trac GT25 a few months ago with the mulcher, conveyor system, chipper and blower attached. The bailer wasn't hooked up, but we got to see it. They were tweaking some things on the conveyor and had no need to bail the material. I did see a few bails they had made. It would seem to be a better system with the transport logistics in mind, but they are still in prototype stage.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #46  
KG blade on a D7 sized machine followed by a rubber tire machine with a stacking rake and then burning would probably be the fastest and cheapest way to demo them. The KG blade if sharpened would shear them off even with the ground surface. This size tree you could roll over them fast.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #47  
Thin them, grow them as a tree farm. The wood will be worth a million for your kids or grandkids. Forestry land is taxed lower than ag land here in Washington State is it that different in Oregon?
Mf