Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #21  
We would all like to see that. Do you have any pictures of them mounted on a 6125? Does it have a SS-QA?

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #22  
Here is a pic to give you all an idea. Its not even fully extended here by the looks of it.

Attachments

• LTR 6125T High Lift 21 Avril 2009 033.jpg
    LTR 6125T High Lift 21 Avril 2009 033.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 355
   / Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #23  
Excellent point about service and support.

However, I think it is very important not to label an OEM as having poor support since so much of this is dependant on the local dealer. For instance, my local CAT dealer sucks for support on compact equipment, but your local dealer is excellent. Ironically, I can go to my Terex dealer who sells Case and get great service support, but the sales guys are average.

I guess CAT would offer mediocre service and support based on our two experiences. Remember that all dealers regardless of brand are independant dealers, and you need to visit and ask questions to see if they fit your needs.
In my experience the ASV/terex dealers(Barda equipment in Canada) suck BIG time, ,their parts deparment has NOTHING in stock and the ASV 4810 service manual is nothing more than a parts break down without any real info on trouble shooting and repair but (see your dealer) but their mechanics know dick all when asked about a particulair issue.
A service manual for the cat/perkins engine is not to be had either.

One would expect a US build machine maker to give better service:ashamed:

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #24  
In my experience the ASV/terex dealers(Barda equipment in Canada) suck BIG time, ,their parts deparment has NOTHING in stock and the ASV 4810 service manual is nothing more than a parts break down without any real info on trouble shooting and repair but (see your dealer) but their mechanics know dick all when asked about a particulair issue.
A service manual for the cat/perkins engine is not to be had either.

One would expect a US build machine maker to give better service:ashamed:

You're wanking about a 10 year old machine that was discontinued back around 2000. I wouldn't expect any dealer to actively carry parts on 10 year old machines beacause it sucks up cash flow. We didn't even do it for Bobcat when I was a salesman. We ordered them from the factory if we needed them.

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #25  
Reading the variety of dealer service issue my question why is good service so hard for every / any dealer to understand? I don't get it, it's not rocket science.

It's not only with tractors but I see it throughout many markets.

During this down turn in business I've been just as busy if not more than in the years past and I know for a fact I'm 30% higher in price that my competition, because my customers tell me so, buy keep buying from me.

It's all about service, service, service and I'm not talking the mechanic working on the product service. It's all about CUSTOMER SERVICE, and I must say customer service is probably the cheapest form of advertising. It's not about getting people in the door once but over and over again.

I must say I learn more from businesses giving bad service than I do from businesses giving good service.

OK rant over now back to your regularly scheduled program.

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #26  
You're wanking about a 10 year old machine that was discontinued back around 2000. I wouldn't expect any dealer to actively carry parts on 10 year old machines beacause it sucks up cash flow. We didn't even do it for Bobcat when I was a salesman. We ordered them from the factory if we needed them.
Come on,get real.You're talking like a 10 yr old machine is a 300 yr old antique for crying out loud. The engine is only a 2006 and has only 500 hrs on it.Besides that Service manuals never existed from day one for these machines. Now that sucks :mad:

Its not like it is some $20 Chinese build coffee maker that needs a button.

I have a 74 AC wheel loader and yet all parts and service manuals can be had with no problems
Same for my 40 yr old tractors :thumbsup:

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #27  
Come on,get real.You're talking like a 10 yr old machine is a 300 yr old antique for crying out loud. The engine is only a 2006 and has only 500 hrs on it.Besides that Service manuals never existed from day one for these machines. Now that sucks :mad:

Its not like it is some $20 Chinese build coffee maker that needs a button.

I have a 74 AC wheel loader and yet all parts and service manuals can be had with no problems
Same for my 40 yr old tractors :thumbsup:

Holy crap Batman!!!! Google much?????

Uh...yes they did exist, and I just googled both the 4810 Operation and Service Manual and the 4810 Parts Manual and had both of them downloaded faster than I could type this post!!!!!

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #28  
Holy crap Batman!!!! Google much?????

Uh...yes they did exist, and I just googled both the 4810 Operation and Service Manual and the 4810 Parts Manual and had both of them downloaded faster than I could type this post!!!!!

You call that a service manuall!!!? I got that stupid book.

Nothing in it about trouble shooting,repair or testing hydraulics or electrical,nothing about the engine or the fuel system either. just a component breakdown at best .But no breakdown on Orbit motors, pumps,control valves,transmission or engine

Oh ya,the obvious stuff like the tracks and rollers is there in great detail,but what one really needs to know ain't there.

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #29  
on;2214315]You call that a service manuall!!!? I got that stupid book.

Nothing in it about trouble shooting,repair or testing hydraulics or electrical,nothing about the engine or the fuel system either. just a component breakdown at best .But no breakdown on Orbit motors, pumps,control valves,transmission or engine

Oh ya,the obvious stuff like the tracks and rollers is there in great detail,but what one really needs to know ain't there.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you didn't look into any of that when you were just thinking about the smoking price on the machine. I'm also guessing you picked it up at an auction. If I remember correctly, ASV was around a $20 million company back when they introduced the 4810. I can think of Bobcat manuals from back when I was a salesman and they weren't all that great considering how long the company had been building skids and minis.

/ Picking a Skid Steer/ CTL Mulcher #30  
on;2214315]You call that a service manuall!!!? I got that stupid book.

Oh ya,the obvious stuff like the tracks and rollers is there in great detail,but what one really needs to know ain't there.

I'm guessing you didn't look into any of that when you were just thinking about the smoking price on the machine. I'm also guessing you picked it up at an auction. If I remember correctly, ASV was around a $20 million company back when they introduced the 4810. I can think of Bobcat manuals from back when I was a salesman and they weren't all that great considering how long the company had been building skids and minis.[/QUOTE]

No i didn't buy it at an auction,the dealer recommended the owner of the machine as a guy that maintained his equipment very well.They also told me that there was a good service manual to be had and parts where plentyfull
But allas, the dealer was lying about the manuall and the parts and obviously hadn't a clue about the PO. and PO was lying about his maintenance schedule which was no more than " fix when broke" to **** with maintenance.

I chewed the local Dealer out for the mis information on all accounts and can no longer get anything from them,which is fine by me.
From the PO i got a complete parts machine but the hood and windows for my troubles after i found out that all the track rollers where dry of oil and a bunch of brgs where shot,and i had a " little" talk with him.
So i jumped out not to bad,but i need a good manual and i can't get one.