Bandit Mulchers

/ Bandit Mulchers #11  
Bison,
The Carbide teeth on your Fecon should give you a good 300-500 hours of solid performance. Many people claim much longer. Although they are not meant to grind rock they hold up very well in rock. Of course avoid as much rock as possible but the unavoidable stuff usually does not hurt the Fecon teeth at all.
The carbides are not really replaceble, although I have heard of people trying to do so. However, if you do loose a carbide, you can continue to grind with the tool as long as you are not wearing into the tool holder behind it without hurting anything.
The black head you mention makes me think it is a Fecon built ASV branded head. If this is the case you should have 45 tools. If so and you get 300-500 hours out of the tools then the tools are costing you about $6.75-11.25/hour to run. For the production you get out of that head that seems pretty reasonable.
Please let us know your experience once you put it into the brush and hit those 8" rocks. I'm pretty sure you'll be impressed.

Mulching consultant,thank you for the info.I was a little woried to run in a couple rocks first time around and busting a grand worth of teeth in a hurry.:(

Now on the carbide inserts,If a factory can initially weld them on the hammers, then there's got to be a way for one to replace them!
I sure would like to try if i only could find out where to get the carbide tips.
I mean,at $125 a tooth the wallet takes a brutal beating! espessially when i can't recover that cost.;)

/ Bandit Mulchers #12  
Bison,
When u say one big bolt per tooth, is the Rotor the ol Paddle style? If so I know where u need to buy your teeth. Try EAGLE CLAW TOOTH they make a new holder to go on the fecon rotor for $35.00 a piece. Then u can buy carbide Tipped teeth to go on the holder for $38.00 a piece or Planer teeth for $19.00.:thumbsup:

/ Bandit Mulchers #13  
Bison,
When u say one big bolt per tooth, is the Rotor the ol Paddle style? If so I know where u need to buy your teeth. Try EAGLE CLAW TOOTH they make a new holder to go on the fecon rotor for $35.00 a piece. Then u can buy carbide Tipped teeth to go on the holder for $38.00 a piece or Planer teeth for $19.00.:thumbsup:
I'm not familiar with the terms paddle or rotor style.
Mine look like a clevis straddling the holder with an inch or better bolt and nut sideways trough it,there's 2 carbide points side by side on each hammer.
I couldn't find the same tooth or replacement on Eagle claw's web site.:(