Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher???????

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #1  

tonyoz

Platinum Member
Queensland & Far South Coast NSW Australia
Tractor
Rayco
I have been asked to price a job were the client wants to run the mulch into the ground.The area is mostly sand with sandstone and soft shale outcropes.I have 2 Fecon rotors 1 with single teeth the other with doubles,both are the old stile. Is there any aftermarket teeth which would be OK to use?

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #2  
i think fecon makes a stone tooth.the double tip will work fine if its super hard rock.

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher???????
Well I finaly got some stone teeth for our mulcher and put them on.The timber we chew up here in Australia is hard to very bloody hard,alot you can't hammer a 4" nail into.Anyway the last 2 days I have been cleaning up a block of dead trees and the remains of fire heaps,nornmaly hard going with lots of smoke comming of the rotor.Not any more,these new type of teeth just smashed it, trees that could take 10min or more to mulch where done in just a few minutes and the tractor is not working as hard to do it. Iam totaly stoked.:thumbsup:
Below is some pics of the teeth,the blue one is what I normaly used on this rotor

Last edited:
   / Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #4  
nice aggressive teeth, hope they work out good for ya, keep us posted on the progress:thumbsup:

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #5  
HOW ARE THEY IN STUMPS

You may notice the teeth also have tungsten sprayed under were the tile sits.All the teeth from our supplier have it,slows the wash out below the tile,great in sandy conditions

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #8  
tonyoz
Are you going to stay with the stone teeth or do you see switching back? Thanks

tonyoz
Are you going to stay with the stone teeth or do you see switching back? Thanks
Yes sir.Today I chewed into a length of RSJ(steel) and left grove marks on it,the teeth are just like new. If I had the double tiles on they would have not survived the hit.The more I use them the more impressed I am:D

/ Stone teeth for Fecon mulcher??????? #10  
Thanks for the info, I think I'll try a set.