Short Brushcat Video

/ Short Brushcat Video #1  

fishfactor

Gold Member
Tractor
(2) 2014 CAT 299DXHP / FECON
Short clip of our brushcat clearing around a pond. It was going good until the shaft coming out of the gearbox broke. Luckily the blade assembly stayed put and didn't take off like a flying saucer! Turns out we had bent a blade and every time it hit something large instead of swinging free it would slam into the nut on the bottom of the gearbox output shaft. Eventually it broke off. So be sure to check you blades for the same problem if you run any kind of rotary mower.

YouTube - ‪S & P Land Services Brushcat‬‏

/ Short Brushcat Video #2  
i guess you disabled the lift height shut down feature?

Our 6' brushcat's blades sliced through the under deck support in two places. Right through the metal. I can't see where the blade is bent and there is no vibration but somehow the blade wobbled enough to hit that. Seems to me the rib supports should be on top of the deck and there would be more room underneath for grass or mulching. I have owned brushcat's since they came out in '99 or so and when I bought the new style, I was disappointed in some of the weak points in the engineering. I have less than 40 hrs on this new one just mowing fields and both of my compartment's hinges have broken, the hoses have been pinched the the deck support ribs have been sliced through by the blades.
Very frustrating for a $6k attachment.

/ Short Brushcat Video
I disabled the lift cut off after the first job with it. It was a pain. We haven't had any problems with ours until this broken shaft and we push it well beyond it's limits. We were just starting a job with the mulcher last year and it died completely so we used the brush cat in it's place for 2 days cutting 4-5" trees with no problems. Turns out the dead mulcher was just a blown fuse :eek: