Out of the frying pan, into the fire?

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #1  

redprospector

Silver Member
Tractor
Fecon FTX 90 /Pieces of an ASV 4810 / JD 440b skidder / JD 450b dozer / Bobcat T320 / Hydro Ax 311c
New guy here.
I've got a 2011 Terex PT-100G F that I've had since late Feb.
I have grown to absolutely hate this machine. I am in Southern New Mexico, and am running a Tushogg head to deal with all the rock. In the 4 months I've had the Terex it's been down 6 weeks, and is in the shop right now.
I'm in the middle of a pretty good size job (for me), and I've got to do something so I can complete it on time. I am getting ready to go look at a Fecon FTX 90. Am I jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

Andy

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #2  
If you want to dodge the whole Duetz engine thing look at a newer Rayco/Fecon 100. They use Kubota engine's. You could even get one with the head that comes on it and work out somethng for your dealer to take your machine back. Good luck

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire?
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get someone to take the Terex back, but no one seems to want it. Not even Terex. :laughing:
I'd love to spring for one of the 100's, but until I get something resolved with this Terex I'm not willing to go that much deeper in debt. If the Deutz gave out, I wonder how bad it would be to put the 105 hp Cat engine from my ASV 4810 in the FTX 90?

Andy

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #4  
where are all the asv lovers?

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire?
   / Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #6  
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get someone to take the Terex back, but no one seems to want it. Not even Terex. :laughing:
I'd love to spring for one of the 100's, but until I get something resolved with this Terex I'm not willing to go that much deeper in debt. If the Deutz gave out, I wonder how bad it would be to put the 105 hp Cat engine from my ASV 4810 in the FTX 90?

Andy
Ithink you will find the 90 has different hyd pumps to the 100 so you could end up stacking shyte on styte. It maybe best to plod along with what you have and hope you don't go broke before you can sell it. In the meantime you may find the FTX100 maybe to small and want a FTX148. What I'm eluding to is take your time and look at where your business can grow then buy the appropriate machine.:D

Last edited:
   / Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #7  
Look into renting a machine to stay on schedule if your budget allows. Terex should offer to put you into a demo while yours is down. They really cant afford to disappoint any customers being new from ASV. By the way, how do like the plastic fuel tank and the location of the muffler?

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #8  
Take it to ritchie bros and get a ftx 148 or a small lamtrac.:2cents:

/ Out of the frying pan, into the fire? #10  
New guy here.
I've got a 2011 Terex PT-100G F that I've had since late Feb.
I have grown to absolutely hate this machine. I am in Southern New Mexico, and am running a Tushogg head to deal with all the rock. In the 4 months I've had the Terex it's been down 6 weeks, and is in the shop right now.
I'm in the middle of a pretty good size job (for me), and I've got to do something so I can complete it on time. I am getting ready to go look at a Fecon FTX 90. Am I jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

Andy

That's a bummer. I hope you get it running again so you can finish your job. I would hope your local dealer there in NM that sold you the machine would be jumping through all kinds of hoops to keep you running. That seems like a long time to be down. Don't they have an older machine to keep you going?

I know one owner up here who I used to sell Bobcats to and spoken to one other owner and they both seem to be pretty happy. One of them had a small pump software problem that caused him fits until he got some sort of upgrade. He has the brush cutting version and replaced his older PT100. I think he runs a fecon. The other guy digs ponds, basements, septics and stuff like that. Good luck getting up and running.