Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bronze Member

Default Re: RDM Mulcher

Thanks for the reply, what can i expect the cost of the RDM or the EX50 to be?

When we bought the EX50 4 years ago it was about $13,500. I don't know what Jon's current prices are but I would expect to pay high $40's for a optioned out 44" RDM.
    Andrew

Owner of A.R.Plante Industries, LLC

Check out our videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplanteindustries/featured

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Terex, Fecon,

A New Fecon CEM 36 will run you around 22,000 or look at a ProMak Thats what RDM copied.
    NWTEREX
    www.fmisales.com
    509-927-4071

Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies.....the U.S. Mower EX50 seems like it's a "too good to be true" price.....especially if it will handle up to 8" soft wood and 4" hard woods. I was expecting a cost of around $20,000- $25,000 installed on my machine. What kind of cost per hour would you figure one of these heads have. I won't be putting an operator in it, just me running it.

Oops sorry excav8ter, I misquoted. We have the EX40 not the 50. That could be why "its too good to be true." Even then, I believe the EX50 still uses the same size knives as the 40, so I don't think performance would be too different. And when I said it would cut up to 4" hardwoods, if you plan on doing that every day you will destroy the mower as it just beats the heck out the mower working on stuff that big. Again, there is a big performance difference between a flail setup and a fixed tooth mulcher.
    Andrew

Check out our videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplanteindustries/featured

Bronze Member

Thanks Andrew.... I was thinking that the U.S Mower would be more for brush, thick weeds and under growth and saplings and so on. I know that the guy i am talking with doesn't do too much over 6" diameter. He said an excavator set up would really open up his possibilities, but at 56 years old, doesn't want to sink $200,000 + into a machine and a cutter head, and then a truck and trailer to carry it. I have everything but the head. I can borrow an operator from a friend to keep the 650j, TL130 and 35sr going while i run the excavator and cutter head. I get $100.00/hr for my excavator....what do you figure the head would add? $500 per day?

Ben

Up my way, people are getting anywhere from $175-$250/hr for a 120-160 size excavator and mulching head.
    Andrew

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARPlante View Post
    Up my way, people are getting anywhere from $175-$250/hr for a 120-160 size excavator and mulching head.
    That's in the range i was thinking....thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123