RDM Mulcher

/ RDM Mulcher #1  

fishfactor

Gold Member
Tractor
(2) 2014 CAT 299DXHP / FECON
I started this thread before, but it quickly turned to a pissing match, so let's try again.

I have been talking to John and researching the RDM Mulchers made by Advance Forest Equipment. Excavator and Skid Steer Mulching Attachments using RDM Technology

We are looking at a CAT 315 excavator and considering one of these heads. The main advantage we see is being able to move rocks, logs, and even dig smaller stumps without changing attachments.

I know some of you guys have run them and I would like some feedback and thoughts. If things continue to move forward, we will be flying out to run one of these before we make the decision.

/ RDM Mulcher #2  
contact mark prather in eunice louisiana, his company is called treemark, he uses these and all he does is r.o.w. in the swamps and bayous. his number is337-298-5592

he has 2 last i knew and they were on either cats or komatsu

/ RDM Mulcher #3  
Fish Factor, bout a year an a half ago i was on a job an a guy had one mounted to a 320 Cat cutting a road across a swamp. I really like it he was able to cut the tree flush with the ground an then cut the trees into 20-25 foot lenghts, then used the thumb to make a mate to walk on.

/ RDM Mulcher
That's what we are thinking. I understand the mulch may not be as small as a traditional mulcher, but the versatility is key. The ability to mulch a tree, dig the stump, shake the dirt off, and mulch the stump will be a big advantage for us.

Looks like we will be going out to Idaho to run one in the next several weeks unless someone changes my mind first.

/ RDM Mulcher #5  
Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have pulled the trigger.

/ RDM Mulcher #6  
Boy, I sure would like to go to Idaho with you. I love it out there. It would be nice to see the RDM in action as well.

/ RDM Mulcher
Boy, I sure would like to go to Idaho with you. I love it out there. It would be nice to see the RDM in action as well.

Come with us. We can always use a third opinion.

/ RDM Mulcher
Sure hasn't been much action on the forum lately. Everybody must be busy. We're finally working near home this week:thumbsup:.

Flying out this weekend to run the AFE mulcher on Monday and meet with Jon. I'll post my thoughts sometime next week.

/ RDM Mulcher #9  
Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have NOT pulled the trigger

/ RDM Mulcher
Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have NOT pulled the trigger

He says a 080 will run one, but I don't know if a 50 would handle it. Weight would probably be an issue as well.