315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #1  

fishfactor

Gold Member
Tractor
(2) 2014 CAT 299DXHP / FECON
Here is a time lapse video I shot today. We were clearing willow trees from around a pond. The pond leaks and stays at this level about 7 feet down, and there is a fence on top of the dam. We had to reach over the fence and down the dam to get to these trees. There will be music on the video shortly.

S & P Land Services Pond Clearing Time Lapse - YouTube

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #2  
Impressive. I love how clean it looks after you mow down the trees.

Eddie

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #3  
See u haven't wasted anytime putting her to work:thumbsup:

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse
See u haven't wasted anytime putting her to work:thumbsup:

It went to work the day it arrived:) This was the third job it was on but the first with good video potential.

Impressive. I love how clean it looks after you mow down the trees.

Eddie
This mulcher does a really good job once you get some hours in the seat. We took some extra time on this job going slow and keeping as much mulch as possible out of the pond.

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #5  
Cool video. I had to watch it twice before I realized the flash in the video was your bobcat racing around on clean up duty :) The after pics of the pond are really nice. Was this a private property or ...?

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #6  
Cool video, love the timelapse.

Now that youve had some time on the AFE, how does it stack up to your other heads ? New favorite?

Cool video. I had to watch it twice before I realized the flash in the video was your bobcat racing around on clean up duty :) The after pics of the pond are really nice. Was this a private property or ...?

This was a private property. The woman you see come out and take a picture was the owner. We will be following up a few times with herbicide when they resprout to get rid of them for good.

Cool video, love the timelapse.

Now that youve had some time on the AFE, how does it stack up to your other heads ? New favorite?

Difficult question. Each of our mulchers is so different they are hard to compare. The AFE head is great for what we bought it for. Reaching places that we just can't reach with the T320 or GT25. We can also pull smaller stumps with it and mulch them, and load marketable timber on a log trailer. But it will never compete with the GT25 mulching big trees, or the nimble T320on flat ground.

But, the CAT 315 is by far the most enjoyable and comfortable to run.

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #8  
A bloke over here had a disc mulcher similar to yours Fish but he had a JB tilt hitch which turned the mulcher into a stump grinder,a real cleaver setup.:thumbsup:

A bloke over here had a disc mulcher similar to yours Fish but he had a JB tilt hitch which turned the mulcher into a stump grinder,a real cleaver setup.:thumbsup:

We have thought about it, maybe down the road. You would have to run the carbide quadco teeth on the edge of the disc which would slow productivity.

/ 315 Excavator / AFE Mulcher Time Lapse #10  
Very cool video. A great marketing tool as well.