land clearing in IL

/ land clearing in IL #1  

powerstroke444e

Veteran Member
Tractor
mostly orange
I have about 12 to 20 acres of rough stuff clear it has up to 10 inch stuff in it. Some spots are real thick others I can bush hog.
Bobcat says they have a mower that will handle 7inch stuff they will rent and they have a forester package machine also but he said I didn't need it?
Anyone do this around here ie central IL? Or have any experance with the rough cut mower that bobcat rents?

/ land clearing in IL #2  
It sounds like a setup that they use for clearing powerline ROW's. From what I've seen of them, they are pretty fast and do a good job, but I don't know how large of stuff they will handle.

/ land clearing in IL #3  
I am with Fecon and we manufactur several machines to do exactly what are looking for. We have a dealer in Central Illinois that rents out equipment. I would be happy to discuss our products with you and get you in touch with our dealer for rental rates. You can reach Fecon at 800-528-3113; or check out our website at fecon.com.

Matt

/ land clearing in IL #4  
I have about 12 to 20 acres of rough stuff clear it has up to 10 inch stuff in it. Some spots are real thick others I can bush hog.
Bobcat says they have a mower that will handle 7inch stuff they will rent and they have a forester package machine also but he said I didn't need it?
Anyone do this around here ie central IL? Or have any experance with the rough cut mower that bobcat rents?

I am not aware of anything bobcat has that will cut 7" diameter material other than the forestry cutter. Even then, if it's hardwood you will be miserable and be better off paying someone with a larger machine or renting a fecon ftx 140/148 from the above mentioned contact.

/ land clearing in IL
Talked to the deal the fecon rep reccomended and all his machines are currently but said one should be in soon, they seemed reasonable on rental rates.
Also talked to a bobcat also and there's was out also.
Either way these seem much better than using backhoe and will take a few photos when I tie in to it. We started brush hogging it this week to knock down small stuff that dad can get pushed under tractor.