FAE lovers

/ FAE lovers #11  
I looked into the Eco Mulcher too. Wish there were one close enough to demo

/ FAE lovers #13  
They are sold only thru Cat dealers, price is 23 -24k . Most seem to be used in the south and west coast.

/ FAE lovers #14  
I try and try to get my shreds that fine. It's tough with carbide hammers. I've thought about switching to chippers but I work in a lot of areas where there can and is limestone and occasionally flint. I asked my dealer about running a few chippers with the carbides but they told me I'd have a balance issue.

Here's some of what I do.. and I like it to look nice so the land owners can walk and drive without tripping over bigger pieces. I spend a lot of extra time trying to get it smoothed out just right. This area was about 900 ft x 10' of 4-8" cedar trees that I had sheared and stacked the day before. I was covering an old ranch road that had some erosion, rocks, and little vegetation.
20130730_073858.jpg20130730_122525.jpg

/ FAE lovers #15  
Nice job, that looks very impressive. I wish my Fecon could make shreds that small.

/ FAE lovers
I try and try to get my shreds that fine. It's tough with carbide hammers. I've thought about switching to chippers but I work in a lot of areas where there can and is limestone and occasionally flint. I asked my dealer about running a few chippers with the carbides but they told me I'd have a balance issue.

Here's some of what I do.. and I like it to look nice so the land owners can walk and drive without tripping over bigger pieces. I spend a lot of extra time trying to get it smoothed out just right. This area was about 900 ft x 10' of 4-8" cedar trees that I had sheared and stacked the day before. I was covering an old ranch road that had some erosion, rocks, and little vegetation.
View attachment 330432View attachment 330433

Every Dealer will tell u will have a balance issue, but they have never tried it to know it will take time may have to rearrange the chippers several times to get it right but its possible. I have 18 fae carbides and 16 quadcos chippers on my fae and it runs fine had to just keep changing teeth round and final got it right, have had no balance issues.

/ FAE lovers #17  

View attachment 330432View attachment 330433

Very nice work! I wish I could get shreds that small with my Fecon too.

Andy

/ FAE lovers #19  
I'm going to have to look into getting a door on mine then.
It will pass State Forestry specs. the way it is. But the way Yellow Dog's pic looks, that would be a leg up over the competition for the private land owners I work for.
I've got them close to that, but it was a lot of passes, and a lot of $4.00 a gallon fuel.

Andy