FAE lovers

/ FAE lovers #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
I've been using Quadco's Chipper teeth for 300-400hrs now, There awesome they're double sided much like bradco teeth I've been getting 60-70 hrs out of one side with me sharpening them 4-5 times. After that i just simply flip them over, The fae rotor on my Rayco is a 2 bolt holder the Quadco Holder is great because one bolt goes threw the Fae holder into the Quadco. Then there's only one bolt for the tooth it goes threw the Fae holder an the quadco to the tooth itself. A whole of alot better then Trying to remove 2 bolt per tooth. The pictures below are of a huge cypress stump that i cut in under 3 minutes with the chippers man wat a difference they make! An for u carbide lovers Quadco also makes a double tipped carbide for there holders that also are double sided.

Attachments

• qaudco teeth for fae 006.jpg
    qaudco teeth for fae 006.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 507
  • qaudco teeth for fae 007.jpg
    qaudco teeth for fae 007.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 833
  • qaudco teeth for fae 008.jpg
    qaudco teeth for fae 008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 585
   / FAE lovers #2  
I've been using Quadco's Chipper teeth for 300-400hrs now, There awesome they're double sided much like bradco teeth I've been getting 60-70 hrs out of one side with me sharpening them 4-5 times. After that i just simply flip them over, The fae rotor on my Rayco is a 2 bolt holder the Quadco Holder is great because one bolt goes threw the Fae holder into the Quadco. Then there's only one bolt for the tooth it goes threw the Fae holder an the quadco to the tooth itself. A whole of alot better then Trying to remove 2 bolt per tooth. The pictures below are of a huge cypress stump that i cut in under 3 minutes with the chippers man wat a difference they make! An for u carbide lovers Quadco also makes a double tipped carbide for there holders that also are double sided.

Talked with a Quadco Rep at the Mid Atlantic Logging and Biomass Expo About that setup. Glad to read your review cause I'm seriously considering setting up my head with those and giving them a try. Do you think they would work as well on a 287C with FAE head?.. I was thinking it might also help with engine/hydro temps as well ...

/ FAE lovers #3  
thanks for the review.. I run a CAT/FAE. Like the carbides but always looking for something better. Too bad I work in rock most of the time

/ FAE lovers
timberwolf,
i don't see where it wouldn't help u will be amazed at wat u can cut, also u should burn less fuel i see a big difference in the rayco.

/ FAE lovers #5  
timberwolf,
i don't see where it wouldn't help u will be amazed at wat u can cut, also u should burn less fuel i see a big difference in the rayco.

Thanks 297c,
I appreciate the info. If I can ever save enough nickles, I look foward to trying them. I believe they would be the trick for hardwood saplings such as white oak. My hammers are somewhat dull and the white oak raps around the drum, slowing it down and it takes setting still awhile sometimes while the head pulverizes it into hardwood cotton . Oh how I long for at least 100 more horsepower. Lol !!
:licking:

/ FAE lovers #7  
Well I just ran into the New Kid on the block and He is Fast and Mean. Works cheap too.

Don't know if anyone else has had the chance to see this thing in person, I am hoping to soon.
look around the website they have a few youtube videos, this head is impressive.

SS ECO Mulchers for Skid Steers

/ FAE lovers
If anyone is interested I have 17 Quadco holders and chipper teeth for a single bolt Fae head I run half Quadcos and Fae carbides. Traded my Fae in on Denis Cimaf will consider any readable offer on the Quadco holders and chippers

/ FAE lovers #9  
Cat, I'm interested if you still have them. Will PM you. thanks