Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

Default FAE lovers

I've been using Quadco's Chipper teeth for 300-400hrs now, There awesome they're double sided much like bradco teeth I've been getting 60-70 hrs out of one side with me sharpening them 4-5 times. After that i just simply flip them over, The fae rotor on my Rayco is a 2 bolt holder the Quadco Holder is great because one bolt goes threw the Fae holder into the Quadco. Then there's only one bolt for the tooth it goes threw the Fae holder an the quadco to the tooth itself. A whole of alot better then Trying to remove 2 bolt per tooth. The pictures below are of a huge cypress stump that i cut in under 3 minutes with the chippers man wat a difference they make! An for u carbide lovers Quadco also makes a double tipped carbide for there holders that also are double sided.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FAE lovers-qaudco-teeth-fae-006.jpg   FAE lovers-qaudco-teeth-fae-007.jpg   FAE lovers-qaudco-teeth-fae-008.jpg  
    Lifescapes Forestry Mulching/ Brush Cutting Services
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulchling.com

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    299D XHP w/HM 415B mulcher

Question Re: FAE lovers

Quote Originally Posted by cat 297c View Post
    I've been using Quadco's Chipper teeth for 300-400hrs now, There awesome they're double sided much like bradco teeth I've been getting 60-70 hrs out of one side with me sharpening them 4-5 times. After that i just simply flip them over, The fae rotor on my Rayco is a 2 bolt holder the Quadco Holder is great because one bolt goes threw the Fae holder into the Quadco. Then there's only one bolt for the tooth it goes threw the Fae holder an the quadco to the tooth itself. A whole of alot better then Trying to remove 2 bolt per tooth. The pictures below are of a huge cypress stump that i cut in under 3 minutes with the chippers man wat a difference they make! An for u carbide lovers Quadco also makes a double tipped carbide for there holders that also are double sided.
    Talked with a Quadco Rep at the Mid Atlantic Logging and Biomass Expo About that setup. Glad to read your review cause I'm seriously considering setting up my head with those and giving them a try. Do you think they would work as well on a 287C with FAE head?.. I was thinking it might also help with engine/hydro temps as well ...

Platinum Member

Default Re: FAE lovers

thanks for the review.. I run a CAT/FAE. Like the carbides but always looking for something better. Too bad I work in rock most of the time

Tractor

timberwolf,
    i don't see where it wouldn't help u will be amazed at wat u can cut, also u should burn less fuel i see a big difference in the rayco.
    251-331-4475

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    299D XHP w/HM 415B mulcher

Quote Originally Posted by cat 297c View Post
    timberwolf,
    i don't see where it wouldn't help u will be amazed at wat u can cut, also u should burn less fuel i see a big difference in the rayco.
    Thanks 297c,
    I appreciate the info. If I can ever save enough nickles, I look foward to trying them. I believe they would be the trick for hardwood saplings such as white oak. My hammers are somewhat dull and the white oak raps around the drum, slowing it down and it takes setting still awhile sometimes while the head pulverizes it into hardwood cotton . Oh how I long for at least 100 more horsepower. Lol !!

If you're looking for an FAE head, there are 16 "unused" 2006 FAE heads at auction in Edmonton AB Canada on Oct 26th.
    FAE | Construction Equipment Search Results | Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
    2006 ASV RC100, Loftness Carbide Cutter, Erskine snowblower, Brushwolf 9000HF, 2003 New Holland TN65, 2014 Kubota RTV-X900, 1985 Jacobsen HR15, 1981 John Deere 400, 1979 Ford 7700, 1958 Wife

Tractor
    Bobcat t320

Well I just ran into the New Kid on the block and He is Fast and Mean. Works cheap too.

Don't know if anyone else has had the chance to see this thing in person, I am hoping to soon.
    look around the website they have a few youtube videos, this head is impressive.

SS ECO Mulchers for Skid Steers

Tractor

If anyone is interested I have 17 Quadco holders and chipper teeth for a single bolt Fae head I run half Quadcos and Fae carbides. Traded my Fae in on Denis Cimaf will consider any readable offer on the Quadco holders and chippers
    251-331-4475

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    3-Cat 299D XHP,1-Cat 299C, Cat 315DL,Cat 315CL,2-Jarraff

Cat, I'm interested if you still have them. Will PM you. thanks

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ramzee1 View Post
    Cat, I'm interested if you still have them. Will PM you. thanks