Mini Ex Mulcher

/ Mini Ex Mulcher
I figured you knew him somehow. I can see where a small machine with big HP would be beneficial, but I would be concerned about wear on the machine, big tail swing, and lack of reach. Our 315 has almost 30ft of reach and I still want more. The good thing is he can always move the power pack to a larger excavator down the road.

So... what HP is the power pack? I need to call Kemp and see it run sometime.

Last edited:
   / Mini Ex Mulcher #12  
I figured you knew him somehow. I can see where a small machine with big HP would be beneficial, but I would be concerned about wear on the machine, big tail swing, and lack of reach. Our 315 has almost 30ft of reach and I still want more. The good thing is he can always move the power pack to a larger excavator down the road.

So... what HP is the power pack? I need to call Kemp and see it run sometime.

I don't recall exactly, several hundred best I remember. It'll eat up a 24" oak purty quick.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #15  
I'm glad it works for him. But I'm sure I could build a tighter package that would do the same or more. That thing is ridiculiously huge. Plus that is a odd head. But all concerns and desires on reach and size of machine are all dead on. He could run the excavator off the powerpack I bet.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #16  
He's my brother in law. Small world ain't it . It may look a little strange but the conversion was drawn up and laid out by a group of engineers from Ingersoll Rand ,but Trust me it is well balanced and EXTREMELY powerful.The excavator itself is equipped with a turn table and thick wall boom comparable to much bigger machines. If i remember correctly NCDOT request he build a machine with rubber tracked undercarriage for roadside ROW maintenance.

Why did he not just use a rubber poly pad on a steel grouser machine that could more easily handle the weight of the power pack?

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #17  
fishfactor said:
Had a long drive to price a job today and saw this mulcher on the side of the road.

The point of this is ??????