Mini Ex Mulcher

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #1  

fishfactor

Gold Member
Tractor
(2) 2014 CAT 299DXHP / FECON
Had a long drive to price a job today and saw this mulcher on the side of the road.

20r0ow7.jpg

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #2  
What brand is it? It looks like it's built well.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #3  
what's that like a 300 hp pack?

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #4  
How the **** does it swing? That power pack is as big as the rest of the ex. :laughing: Wouldnt want to climb any steep hills either.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #6  
Not only will the undercarriage fail prematurely, no amount of grease will be able to save the turn-table bearings. It looks like it needs a swivel tire (like the ones on a moffet forklift) under the power-pack.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher
Everyone pretty much sumed up my thoughts. I don't understand why either but didn't want to say anything, just wanted reactions. I couldn't tell the HP but it was a deere engine in there.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #8  
Hey Fish, That looks like it's at the Brush Monster's shop on Hwy 74, Just 10 minutes east of you. Surprised you don't know of him,He's been in the Land Mulching/clearing business quite awhile. Hard working Fella !:thumbsup:

/ Mini Ex Mulcher
Hey Fish, That looks like it's at the Brush Monster's shop on Hwy 74, Just 10 minutes east of you. Surprised you don't know of him,He's been in the Land Mulching/clearing business quite awhile. Hard working Fella !:thumbsup:

Didn't want to mention where, but you got it. I've known him for many years. He's a good guy. What gave it away? I even made sure his truck with the logo on it wasn't visible behind the machine.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #10  
Didn't want to mention where, but you got it. I've known him for many years. He's a good guy. What gave it away? I even made sure his truck with the logo on it wasn't visible behind the machine.

He's my brother in law. Small world ain't it . It may look a little strange but the conversion was drawn up and laid out by a group of engineers from Ingersoll Rand ,but Trust me it is well balanced and EXTREMELY powerful.The excavator itself is equipped with a turn table and thick wall boom comparable to much bigger machines. If i remember correctly NCDOT request he build a machine with rubber tracked undercarriage for roadside ROW maintenance.

Last edited: