Cat 299d

/ Cat 299d #32  
Power plant in west Virginia they just bought 3 new d10t s 1.4 million dollars each

/ Cat 299d #38  
If your gonna use Cat 299D XHP in woods, I would rethink mulching with it, the new regeneration system has potential of catching fire if there is any debris in machine, they designed a shelf right behind the regeneration system. This has happened in the middle of winter, in summer when mowing and being in grass it will even be more risky, only the D has the regeneration system. My machine is less than a month old and this has already caught fire, it also kicks track 1-4 times per day, even at maximum tension. Bobcat is not quite as powerful but it is built heavier, no problems with fire and track is 1 a week not every day. Cat needs to step up game to play in woods.

/ Cat 299d #39  
Do u have the forestry kit on your 299d xhp? I haven't had to clean my engine bay since I had mine it's sealed up tight. As far as the tracks mine has thrown once but under the circumstance any machine would have threw it only had one way in to the job down a steep hill into a ditch bout 3 foot wide then had to do a 90 degree turn. Didn't throw it all the way just jump over the center front idle pull to the outside one easy fix. Since they put the triple idlers wheelse up front and on the bogies it helps out alot.

/ Cat 299d #40  
there is a fix on the NLC range of serial numbers to aid in keeping the tracks on. TimberMulcher, are your running a debris kit on your machine? if not then the fire issues is not bad design but the owner of the machine failing to properly equip for the job. with a properly installed kit the machine will be very clean compared to any MTL of any brand when mulching. i have personaly set up two identical DXHP machines with custom fabricated debris kits before the Cat kit was available....... both machines have a light dusting of chaff and dust in the engine compartment and the air cleaner and coolers are clean......