Cutter pump C140/FTX140

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #1  

tonyoz

Platinum Member
Queensland & Far South Coast NSW Australia
Tractor
Rayco
Has anyone had a problem with the cutterpump on these machines and what was the diagnosis? Yesterday I got a bad rattle and lost flow and pressure in mine.:mur:

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #2  
tonyoz said:
Has anyone had a problem with the cutterpump on these machines and what was the diagnosis? Yesterday I got a bad rattle and lost flow and pressure in mine.:mur:

Might want to check the pump drive. Any noise and subsequent loss of anything usually isn't good on a mulcher.

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #3  
This may or may not be your problem but last year I was on a job when my pump started loosen flow then spiking back up an kept doing this over an over also creating an rattle, then all the sudden had nothing going to the head. Got out expecting the worst, checked an found there was a safety switch going to the cutter pump that must have vibrated lose then feel out put it back in an, back to normal. Hope this helps

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140
Well I've talked to some hydraulic people today and the consensus of opinion is to change the filters then pressure and flow test. Fair go, it would be just about easier to find rockinghorse poo than get these filters,got to be air freighted in. Cat, tried your suggestion and that plug is all good,thanks.

Well I found why the pump was rattling.:smiley_aafz: Its the 4th 140 thats done this that I know about and all near the same hrs

Attachments

• IMG_0159 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0159 (Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0161 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0161 (Small).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0162 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0162 (Small).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 449
   / Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #6  
Hard to tell, but looks like a roller bearing failure. How many hours are on your 140?

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #7  
Looks expensive!!!! How many hours?

Hard to tell, but looks like a roller bearing failure. How many hours are on your 140?
I would be pure speculation to the cause, the rotating group is so smashed up we cannot pin point to any one thing.:(
It's the 4th one of these to do this in Australia that I know about ,all about the same hours

/ Cutter pump C140/FTX140 #10  
Have you ever changed the filters on this unit? I presume their are charge pump filters and if they start to plug it can cause this type of damage. Suspect one of the slippers failed and scrapped the rest of the unit.

You will also have to inspect and probably replace all of the hydraulic motors on this unit also. All that debris went somewhere.

Roy