new member doing land clearing

/ new member doing land clearing #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ new member doing land clearing #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Land Clearing Forum.

/ new member doing land clearing
Thanks!

/ new member doing land clearing #6  
I read through your other tread. Have you considered just having a mulcher come in after the logging? Mulch all of the logging debris and the stumps to ground level. After many years the stumps will begin to decompose and if the depressions are a problem you can run a disc harrow over the area, the smooth and replant. This would solve your erosion problem, not disturb the topsoil, and recycle everything back into the soil. Not to mention it should cost a lot less. Just be sure to lime the soil pretty heavy as the mulch will drop the pH.

WE're thinking about this but we don't think that equipment is available where we are and if someone has to truck a big mulcher in, that would cost a ton. Still researching that option.

/ new member doing land clearing #9  
Im in the dozer business in south MS. An acre of heavily forested cutover runs around 2500 to 3000 to get the endresult that you mentioned. As far as the topsoil is conserned, it will be up to you to get it planted asap to establish grass and prevent erosion. If you get it planted quickly then erosion shouldnt be a problem.

I think the costs where we are run a good deal higher, unfortunately. And I agree, we need to get the seed and mulch down fast once the clearing is complete. I think the whole job is likely to move at quite a pace once we are ready to roll.
Cheers,