Is it just in my area?

/ Is it just in my area? #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
Gotten slow down south, I had job after job in january an february. March totally different story done one 1200 dollar job may have had 2 or 3 calls since. How's it going for y'all?

/ Is it just in my area? #2  
Slower than normal for march for sure. Calls have picked up the past 10 days.

/ Is it just in my area? #3  
I for one would have asked for your type of assistance on our farm (VA), but March has been too wet. I am thank for the rain, but would like it spaced out!

The ditches are full and the fields are soaked. There is a great local company called Affordable Dozers (owner Rusty) that I would have called, but no access.

Hope it improves for you guys. Best to you in Mobile. It was a great town for me many years ago and where I met my first wife.

Jim

/ Is it just in my area? #4  
It is slow here ... folks get a bad taste in the mouth and start to believe things are bad and darn they climb in a shell.

Auctions as well are far and few between ... got alot of talk, but ranchers are under the impression in this economy things won't bring good money, so they just want to hold on.

Real estate is near impossible, I have some good listings nobody wants to even make an offer... so I just keep plugging along, a few cows, pigs, trade some equipment, do a little welding and about anything I can do to keep a cash flow going.

Right now we have adequate moisture and that has the spirits of every rancher pretty high.

/ Is it just in my area? #5  
SE Oklahoma has been severely impacted by the $2.00/mcf price of natural gas. Most of the drilling rigs that were feeding many families and buying up ranchitos have moved on to other parts of the country. No sign of a turnaround so hunker down for a long dry spell, at least until after the election.

On the other side, it is probably a good time to pick up a used skid loader or backhoe (assuming you can convince the spouse you really need one).

/ Is it just in my area? #6  
Its not that much different over here in the south west corner of the big pond. I had 3 mths of wall climbing then got a small job,blew the truck engine on the way to it, did another 2 small jobs then the big bang. Talk about character building. Next week I should know if I have got a 2 month contract. Hang in there guys, it,s a hard road to hoe. :thumbsup:

/ Is it just in my area? #7  
I've had work in S. Texas but it's not like it was before Christmas but keeping steady doing some mulching and excavation. Next week I will be doing some tree clearing and chipping. I haven't used the chipper since before Christmas! Everyone wants mulching but this particular job that's pending can't have any shreds left. Also get to play with the stump grinder. Haven't used it since October.

/ Is it just in my area? #8  
I was going wide open for 14 months on a 240 acre project for the State Forestry. Nothing since I finished that.....Well, I've got another 50 acre project for the State Forestry, but funding hasn't shown up yet.
District forester said "any day now", so maybe I'll get started soon.

Andy

/ Is it just in my area? #9  
Ag ecconomy is going guns ablazing up here in the corn belt, southern MN. Land prices are silly crazy high, never seen so much land for sale butif you want to sell might as well get double top dollar ever heard of.....

Farm auctions are fuew and far between, but slightly used farm machinery is bringing double what it did 5 years ago.

Never saw so many bins and farm sheds go up as the last 4 years.

If you own a tile rig you can put in drainage any day of the week, name your hours and go work.

Regular ecconomy is dull, but if you are associated with agriculture, you are likely doing well.

Tables will turn again, whatever makes for good paying city jobs usually makes for a very weak, poor farm ecconomy, so we will get back to normal.....

--->Paul

/ Is it just in my area? #10  
busy in nc very busy working 6 to 7 days a week and getting more behind every day