New Cat 299D XHP

/ New Cat 299D XHP #31  
The 415 is supposed to be on the boat headed this way. don't have a delivery date yet. Seems like my rep told me the adapter kits weren't available but could be ordered through parts. When we were running our hm312 on it we got the bigger couplers and screwed them onto the mulcher hoses so we didn't need the adapters. Cat had put the electric pin connector on when they set up the proto. I'll talk to my rep tomorrow and see what all he knows.

"Black CAT" 299D XHP w/ Fecon mulching head and Dymax tree saw on youtube. Purty darn sharp lookin':thumbsup:

/ New Cat 299D XHP #32  
looks tough. If operator would slow down I think it would mulch even better.

Kind of looked like he was mulching a hackberry? Those are tough, stringy trees.

/ New Cat 299D XHP
Been tied up for awhile, here's what I know now, the adapters are not available until August. We ordered pin sets through parts so we will make up three different adapters one for standard flow, one for high flow and one for extra high flow. They gave us a diagram that shows which pins are needed for each function. For the hydraulic couplers were making a short hose with the bigger fitting on one end and the smaller on the other. We thought about attaching the fittings back to back but thought the extra length with out some flex could be a problem. The 415 is in, haven't seen it yet, will pick it up next week, on paper it looks to match up with the fae 150. Will get some pics when we get it home.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #34  
Been tied up for awhile, here's what I know now, the adapters are not available until August. We ordered pin sets through parts so we will make up three different adapters one for standard flow, one for high flow and one for extra high flow. They gave us a diagram that shows which pins are needed for each function. For the hydraulic couplers were making a short hose with the bigger fitting on one end and the smaller on the other. We thought about attaching the fittings back to back but thought the extra length with out some flex could be a problem. The 415 is in, haven't seen it yet, will pick it up next week, on paper it looks to match up with the fae 150. Will get some pics when we get it home.

Get some video footage ! This is like X-mas morning ! Lol... Thanks for keepin' us posted. Ya got ta love sum new paint know matter what brand Ya buyin'.

/ New Cat 299D XHP
Just got a phone call the 415 is on a trailer headed my way. I'll try to get a video over the weekend.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #36  
ramzee1 said:
Just got a phone call the 415 is on a trailer headed my way. I'll try to get a video over the weekend.

That's good news, my cat salesman called today said the 415 he order for me to demo with the 299 won't be in till july said his been trying to rush it but ain't getting very far, but my not even get a chance to demo if I buy the t870. Hope the 299d rips with that 415 ramzee always a great feeling seeing something new pulling in your place the first time.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #37  
Working on a new 299D that a customer ordered.... like everyone knows the debris barrier kit is unavailable and no one knows when it will be available............ so i built one of my own design. it is still a work in progress but i got the side guards done today (that Cat has no interest in offering
for some reason) along with some of the door seals.... gona be doing a exhaust guard and also doing the intake with dust bowl but its gona be up behind the cab instead of over the radiator cores so you dont have to remove the bowl to lift the cover like the Cat kit does.

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 2,742
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 987
  • IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 1,486
   / New Cat 299D XHP #38  
Working on a new 299D that a customer ordered.... like everyone knows the debris barrier kit is unavailable and no one knows when it will be available............ so i built one of my own design. it is still a work in progress but i got the side guards done today (that Cat has no interest in offering
for some reason) along with some of the door seals.... gona be doing a exhaust guard and also doing the intake with dust bowl but its gona be up behind the cab instead of over the radiator cores so you dont have to remove the bowl to lift the cover like the Cat kit does.

I'll have to say, That looks purty darn good ! Look forward to seeing how the air cleaner turns out.:thumbsup:

/ New Cat 299D XHP #39  
me too!!!!!!

might clean them up a little bit more and burn a few sets out on the waterjet and sell. just wish i could cut the screen out on the water jet.

/ New Cat 299D XHP
Looks good, nice fit