Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Platinum Member

Default Re: New Cat 299D XHP

Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt View Post
    Ran 299d on these hot days and had no problems.Ran with a cimaf planer head,what a great combo.Found later that I was only running on 33gals instead of 40gals it did great on 33gals.Ringpower I told my cat rep to ck your mods.Robbie wish you could have made it to demo.
    Sounds like it should cut well. I guarantee if I was there I would have made sure we were getting the right flow. Wish I could have been there too.
    Robbie Hegwood
    404-379-5897

Tractor
    CAT technician

Hi all, I just stumbled across this thread while trying to get some info on the CAT HM415 operation (3 hoses with 14 pin wiring). I need to know if the door can be opened independantly of the mulcher head spinning and i thought the best people to ask would be the guys at the levers. Best regards, Danny

Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

The door will work without the head spinning but it's sloooooooooooow!!!
    HFM LLC
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulching.com

Tractor
    CAT technician

Thanks for the reply. Our's wont open unless the drum is spinning. Does the drum on yours go into reverse to clear blockages as ours wont for whatever reason. The pipes flex but a whole lot of nothing happens when the thumbwheel is placed into reverse.

Tractor

I will have to check and get back with ya, I always put it in reverse an hang it on a stump an back up to dislodge what ever has jammed in the rotor. Don't hold me to it but after I dislodged it I think I have seen it spinning in reverse while I was holding the thumb switch backwards. I'll check and make sure
    HFM LLC
    251-331-4475

Platinum Member

I have the FAE version of the 415. It will go into reverse a little to clear light blockage but if it's something wedged in there, I use a stump or big rock to roll the drum back.

I went with a hydraulic door instead of using electric over hydraulic so that I could open and close the door at will. Was told by the FAE dealer that unless my head was under load, the door would not operate..that is, if it was spinning up I could use the door but if the head wasn't encountering resistance, the door wouldn't work. That scared me off so I just ran hoses to my secondary auxiliary hydraulics.
    Brush Chipping and Tree Mulching Texas Style!

Tractor

I checked mine it does not spin in reverse use the thumb switch, I guess when I saw mine spinning in reverse it was the force of pulling it backwards off of the stump to free the rotor. But my door does open and close without the rotor engaged
    HFM LLC
    251-331-4475

Tractor
    CAT technician

You guys are life savers! I have had word from the chaps at CAT/FAE and they pretty much confirm what you say. The drum needs to be spinning for the door to work open/close and the drum will not reverse hydraulically. I think that is the way we will have to go yellowdog and put some extra lines and valve in for the door open/close. Thanks again guys.

Gold Member WestshoreConstruction's Avatar

See if the electro hydraulic spool can be adjusted if it can open it up to increase flow it tighten it down to increase pressure I don't know how they plumbed it.
    Mulchers 100-600 Hp, Dozers, Excavators, Trucks, and a bunch of other stuff that cost me money every day.

Tractor
    1970 John Deere 4020 PS, Kubota M4060

Quote Originally Posted by WestshoreConstruction View Post
    See if the electro hydraulic spool can be adjusted if it can open it up to increase flow it tighten it down to increase pressure I don't know how they plumbed it.
    nope, already tried....... its already maxed out..... there is a orface in the valve to prevent to much oil from being robbed from the drum pump

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast