PTO CHIPPER OPERATION

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #1  

Powderdreams

Tractor
Kubota 7040
New to site, so bear with me. I have been looking at acquiring a chipper and reading numerous threads here about various PTO driven units. My tractors (Kubota) have a PTO safety switch which kills the tractor when the operator leaves the seat, and if there is a bypass / over ride I am missing it. I could jimmy the safety, but am reluctant to start down the road of bypassing designed safety features. I would like to know what others are doing, short of finding someone to sit in the seat.
Thank you

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #2  
New to site, so bear with me. I have been looking at acquiring a chipper and reading numerous threads here about various PTO driven units. My tractors (Kubota) have a PTO safety switch which kills the tractor when the operator leaves the seat, and if there is a bypass / over ride I am missing it. I could jimmy the safety, but am reluctant to start down the road of bypassing designed safety features. I would like to know what others are doing, short of finding someone to sit in the seat.
Thank you

Which tractor do you have? Typically you can flip the seat forward, then engage the PTO and it'll stay on. If its the rotating seat used for integrated BH models, then you should use the lever in the front of the seat (the one that pops it up so it can rotate) and pop it up and that will do it. I can't remember if you have to start the PTO then pop it up, or if it will start if popped up. What I do is engage it, throttle it up for the chipper and then pop the seat as I stand up and get off.

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #3  
A bag of tie down chains on the seat ...

Nick

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #4  
For mine, you engage the pto while seated and when you stand up, tilt the seat forward. You have 2 seconds to do it. I usually grab the seat as I stand up, so it just one motion.

PS. Welcome to TBN... ;)

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #5  
On my tractor(new holland) if the you engage the parking brake, it bypasses the seat safety switch.

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #6  
My John Deere has to have parking brake on and seat flipped.

/ PTO CHIPPER OPERATION #7  
Thank you

Per your profile, you have a Kubota 7040.
If your tractor has off-seat PTO capability, the procedure to use it should be in your manual...that's the first place to look.

I would be very surprised if your tractor does not have this capability...