Terex pt100g Forestry

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #11  
Wow most of my customers are 50- 250 miles away but the west is a lot different When you leave Spokane You have to Drive to Minneapolis to get to a bigger City. 1500 miles

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #12  
The dealer is the problem right now the closest Terex dealer is bout 2 hours away. I have another dealer bout 15 minutes away but they just carry Terex articulating dump trucks talked to the salesman he is trying to find out if he can get a pt100g in it would be great id they could.

If the dealer is the problem, then you have a problem.
I had a PT100G this time last year, I lost $12000 just to get out from under it, because my dealer was terrible.
Anyone who is thinking about buying a Terex needs to talk to people who have bought from the dealer you are planning on buying from. The best machine in the world is just a steaming pile of s-crap without a good supporting dealer. If you're going to be that dealer's 1st PT100G then you may find out the hard way what kind of dealer he is.
The PT100G has it's good points, and it's bad points. I didn't own mine long enough to work them all out. I parked a 2006 Fecon FTX 90 in it's place, and haven't looked back.

Good luck, and check that dealer out good.

Andy

/ Terex pt100g Forestry
I've used Cowin before with other equipment great service an go out of there way to help, there just trying to see if they can get a pt100 all they use Terex for now is dump trucks.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #14  
If the dealer is the problem, then you have a problem.
I had a PT100G this time last year, I lost $12000 just to get out from under it, because my dealer was terrible.
Anyone who is thinking about buying a Terex needs to talk to people who have bought from the dealer you are planning on buying from. The best machine in the world is just a steaming pile of s-crap without a good supporting dealer. If you're going to be that dealer's 1st PT100G then you may find out the hard way what kind of dealer he is.
The PT100G has it's good points, and it's bad points. I didn't own mine long enough to work them all out. I parked a 2006 Fecon FTX 90 in it's place, and haven't looked back.

Good luck, and check that dealer out good.

Andy

That is good advice. with the tools and training to work on these things, we need dealer support.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry
Alright we go off track a little I know all about the importance of dealer support. But I want feed back from guys running the pt100g with mulching heads, I know all bout the undercarriage, does anyone recommend the pt100g?

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #16  
I agree, you don't buy the equipment you buy the dealer. For me, my CAT dealer is amazing. They come to me and do field service when needed. I called many dealers, as far away as 100 miles and they were all not worth my time. Seems most dealers, are not professional. Heck the almost all the ones I called five years ago are all gone, others are guys working our of their garage.

I really had no choice BUT to go with CAT. I don't use it like you guy, but mine works like a dog all day long in 120 degree temps and never ever complains.

Never threw a track never had a service issue ever. Not much equipment can take an abuse and not have service issues.

But, like I said, your buying the dealer not the equipment. You could have great equipment and a lousy dear ( as I had with my Kubota ) or you can had poor equipment and a great dealer. The best would be great equipment and a great dealer.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #18  
Cat 297C Feel free to Call me or PM me I'll give you the name of some of my Customers that I sold 100G's to. I've go 3 in my rental fleet the last 2 are brand new one has 91 hours and the other has 140 hours both are out on rent now. I think Terex is finally getting it we've only had 2 oil leaks and one of them was on the new Fecon head O ring.

Dave Kopp

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #19  
Alright we go off track a little I know all about the importance of dealer support. But I want feed back from guys running the pt100g with mulching heads, I know all bout the undercarriage, does anyone recommend the pt100g?

I put a little over 300 hours on mine running a Tushogg 6000 head.
I'm sure they have the computer issues worked out (they had to re-program mine). Other than that the plastic hydraulic tank, and fuel tank are a bit cheesy in my opinion for a machine that cost well over $80k. When it worked well, it worked really well. When it didn't work well......it sucked.
The hydraulic tank "ruptured" twice on mine in 150 days. I found out later that evidently there was a fire in the machine that caused the tank to fail (not what the dealer told me). I blew the machine out twice a day at least, and pressure washed it once every week. So I don't think there was a lack of effort to keep it clean on my part. The reversing fan just quit working twice (fan just quit turning when it was supposed to reverse). Causing it to get pretty warm, but not totally overheated before I shut it down. When it all came to a head for me an idler for the serpentine belt came apart, shreading the belt causing the machine to severly overheat. The hydraulic tank was leaking again and I was just done.
Of the 150 day's I tried using the machine, it spent 62 of those days in the dealers shop. So I put a little over 300 hours (all mulching) on it in 88 days. Personally, I can't in good concience recomend it. But maybe they've worked out some of the bugs by now.

Andy

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #20  
Cat, After my fire in the 287C a year ago, I took a 2 hour drive to the closest Terex dealer and was very impressed with what I saw. First and foremost the hinged belly pans that opened like cabinet doors. The battery and air filter are housed in the uprights that support the arms with easy access. And many other features such as the forestry door, etc, etc. Didn't demo the machine, just pushed a little gravel around the lot so I can't really speak on behalf of performance. However the design in a nut shell is pretty cool. I did get to look up close at the 299D yesterday and I'll have to say I was pretty impressed with the changes they have made and will probably be leaning in that direction. Waiting on a quate with forestry package from my rep. I just wanna get as far away from the CAT/ASV Undercarriege as I can possibly get !:laughing: I think and hope CAT has it together on this one !:thumbsup:
CAT, I also meant to mention the biggest reason I didn't trade up was because the sales rep I was dealing with wanted me to trade my 287c plus $20,000 ! WTH ! I was born in tha morning but not that particular morning.:laughing: Looking back I think the old saying everything happens for a reason holds alot of truth. The CAT sales rep told me last week that in order to run my HM 315 it would require some quick coupler adapters, but they wouldn't be available till August ! :confused: I guess that $20 grand was to cover there expense for rebuilding the undercarriage. Go figure