Terex pt100g Forestry

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
Been waiting on my cat dealer to get a new 299d xhp in to demo, but won't be in til end of may first of june. I happened to see the Terex pt 100g Forestry model the other day looks to be a jam up machine I know it just a asv with Terex paint an logos anyone have any feed back on the Terex? Needing a smaller machine to run a mulching head on smaller jobs the 140 little large for just a 1/4 to 1/2 lot. An had bad luck with my cat 297 running a mulcher with it, so little hesitate going back to cat. Any feed back on the Terex pt 100g would be greatly appreciated.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #2  
Cat, After my fire in the 287C a year ago, I took a 2 hour drive to the closest Terex dealer and was very impressed with what I saw. First and foremost the hinged belly pans that opened like cabinet doors. The battery and air filter are housed in the uprights that support the arms with easy access. And many other features such as the forestry door, etc, etc. Didn't demo the machine, just pushed a little gravel around the lot so I can't really speak on behalf of performance. However the design in a nut shell is pretty cool. I did get to look up close at the 299D yesterday and I'll have to say I was pretty impressed with the changes they have made and will probably be leaning in that direction. Waiting on a quate with forestry package from my rep. I just wanna get as far away from the CAT/ASV Undercarriege as I can possibly get !:laughing: I think and hope CAT has it together on this one !:thumbsup:

/ Terex pt100g Forestry
Thanks yeah some folks hate the asv undercarriage but I like it never threw a track with the 297c but demoed other ctls an threw the tracks on takeuchi bobcat an the 299c. But the ctls are cheaper than the asv undercarriage it's danged if u do danged if u don't deal.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #4  
That's one thing I'll give the ASV....never threw a track..never. The Takeuchi I lost count but I'm not suprised if I'm walking to the truck 3-4 times a week to get the tools needed... that's 3-4 hours (or more) lost per week.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #6  
That's one thing I'll give the ASV....never threw a track..never. The Takeuchi I lost count but I'm not suprised if I'm walking to the truck 3-4 times a week to get the tools needed... that's 3-4 hours (or more) lost per week.

I agree, it's almost impossible to throw a track on the MTL undercarriege but believe it or not ! Somehow I managed to throw mine off to the inside at least 3 times ! The first 2 times were due to riding horizontal on a slope and the third I think a limb or piece of wood got under the idler's and derailed the track. Anyway, My reasoning for wanting to get away from that undercarriege is simply because of how expensive it is to rebuild and how short lived the life span of the components are. Yea, I agree "DANG IF YA DO DANG IF YA DON'T !

/ Terex pt100g Forestry
Tonyoz, I have considered the c100 but for the jobs I would be using it for rubber tracks would be alot better I have a home builder who gets me to clear the lot of all underbrush and 8in and under trees so the home buyer can get a better idea of where they want the house to sit and wat larger trees they want to keep. So walking over sidewalks and pavement with steel tracks doesn't fly been laying down 3/4 plywood an making a mat with the 140 gets old quick.

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #8  
Would it be worthwhile fitting rock guards on the CTL's with tracks like those fitted on the Cat machines, may just keep the debris out and stop them coming off. Just a thought

/ Terex pt100g Forestry #9  
I'm Biased I'm a Terex Dealer. I've sold 10- 100G's so far the first one being #4 off the line and I own #13 in my rental fleet. # 4 has almost 2000 hours all running a Fecon BH74 2 speed head. Yes it had it's problems. All taken care of by Terex some were quick some took time but at the end of 15 months we bushed the axels and replaced the tracks that were maybe 50% wore out the customer kept them for spares we replaced No wheels the tracks never came off and the machine is out working.

I've purchased 2 more for our rental fleet This year Both our out working Today.

If you have a good terex dealer in your area i'd put it up against any CTL on the market today including the new Cat.

Call me if you have Questions

Dave Kopp

/ Terex pt100g Forestry
The dealer is the problem right now the closest Terex dealer is bout 2 hours away. I have another dealer bout 15 minutes away but they just carry Terex articulating dump trucks talked to the salesman he is trying to find out if he can get a pt100g in it would be great id they could.