I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm

/ I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm #1  

yelbike

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465
I have a couple rfms, I keep getting flat tires. Last week I was mowing on flat open field..... bang, I though someone shot at me. I look back, the one tire is blow completely apart. I've used green slime in the past although it seems to work the tires just keep springing new leaks. Now I was thinking that tire foam sealant.

Any better ideas or suggestions?

Tires have tubes.

/ I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm #2  
So, you are regularly using properly inflated tires with tubes and getting blow outs of such force that tire is destroyed, not just a hole in it and tube?? And you get tire leaks very regularly?? I can only assume you are mowing an area with many, many stobs of strong wood which stick up, and thru, your tires. For this problem, I understand that completely filling tires with foam is a fix, although expensive, should be less expensive than regular replacement and repair of tires. Never used this myself so have no personal experience.

/ I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm
Its an old farm stead on which the the previous owners left piles of crap everywhere. I've got a glass area, nail and pplywood area and so on. Although most areas have been clean out, there was so much of it its now growing from the ground. This was my first explodeded tire, which possibly was over filled. I replaced 4 tires this year already, this will be #5, at least 2 tires last year. Plus countless pumps of green slime. Just looking for something more durable.

/ I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm #4  
I would see if you can find solid rubber tires for it. Look in the PowerTrac section. IIRC, they had similar issues with their rough cut mowers.

Aaron Z

/ I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm #5  
   / I keep blowing tire or getting flats. rfm #6  
You might look a set of Galaxy tires. I have used them in demolition, rock, glass, and so forth. they are high dollar but last me over 1500hrs a set. They have deep lugs and are 12 ply rated.