Barko 930 production

/ Barko 930 production #1  

daveyclimber

Im trying to get some info on average daily production rates for the 930 in Juniper and Cedars. Stands are fairly dense when viewed on google earth but spacing appears to be 10-15 ft. Between trees. How many acres a day in what conditions do 930 operators complete. How about fuel consumption on a daily/weekly basis.

/ Barko 930 production #2  
Call Trent Hendrix 936-563-4174 at Lynn Hendrix Equipment out of Livingston, Tx they move alot of the 930's. I'm sure he could tell u everything your wanting to know then some. Or he could get u in touch with some of there customers running them.

/ Barko 930 production #3  
I owned one, bought one new.. Good machine but there are other options out there... Big machine and turn radious is not good, especially if u run anything over 28 l 26...

/ Barko 930 production
I owned one, bought one new.. Good machine but there are other options out there... Big machine and turn radious is not good, especially if u run anything over 28 l 26...

Eric, what type of environment and material did you process with the Barko? Most of my future jobs will be in the states bordering the Rockies, higher elevation and predominatley Juniper, Cedar, Russian Olive and Pinyon pines. I need a single machine capable of 7 or more acre a day averages in fairly dense areas with minimal slope.

/ Barko 930 production #5  
You can achieve that with the barko... I am not bashing it at all. But i would not purchase another one either. I had a bh 250 head on mine. Some of my complaints were the hydraulic response was poor under load, especially turning. If you are going straight, no problem. U start incorporating ditches mild slopes, wet areas, and tight to moderate turns your productivity will slow greatly... On the plus side, it runs the head great and you have good visibility, cab noise is loud, throw the stereo out, u cant hear it. I would give serviceability a 6 on 1-10 scale. Parts were 15% more for barko as compared to my prentice machine.best of luck in your purchase. Oh btw when i ordered my machine i asked for pics of it being assembled, for troubleshooting down the road you know hose placement filters etc etc. the factory flat out refused, that bothered me a bit. Only company i have ever dealt with that said no.

/ Barko 930 production #6  
Hey Eric. How would you compare the big Prentice, equal Tigercat and Barko? Thanks I have seen a trend toward Tigercat. Not sure why the Prentice's haven't caught on unless it's just the lack of HP

/ Barko 930 production #7  
All things considered they are basically the same. I went for the barko for the hp. But i would buy a prentice machine over a barko if i did it again. I would get the steering wheel with quarter turn option. Even with a little less hp it would outwork the barko on maneuverability alone.. As far as tigercat i cant comment. The 726 caught my eye but their wasn't a dealer close and if i remember they were more than the barko. All make solid units with good power options, just comes down to what works best for you. I have an old hydro ax 421 with over 5 k hours, all mulching. That machine has been bullet proof, others will say its not worth its salt.....

/ Barko 930 production #8  
Daveyclimber, I have many customers/contractors used to working in these conditions. I can get you the answers you request or put you in direct contact with them. I am the Regional Manager for Fecon in WY, CO, UT, NV, AZ, and southern CA. You are welcome to call me at your convenience 513 292-8222 or mferguson@fecon.com.
I might also suggest going with the Fecon HDT mulching attachment versus other variations. My contractors tell me it has been the best option in and around the Rockies. I would also suggest that Eric H is correct that the Barko should be able to deliver the production you require in the environment you mention. The extra hp of the Barko is nice in the larger diameter material, however you will almost always pay for hp with fuel consumption.