Davco vs Diamond Mower

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #1  

Jerzog

Tractor
262B Cat Skid Steer
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had experience with these two skid steer brush cutters. I have read a lot about the davco and how it is a great mower but does leave a bit of a mess. As far as the diamond mower goes I can't seem to find much reviews on it. Has anyone ran a diamond mower? Here is the literature on it http://diamondmowers.com/up/product_literature/Skidsteer_heavy_duty_rotary_Tri_Hex_07-26-2012.pdf It says it has a mulching disk, so I wonder if it is better at not leaving a mess.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brandon

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #2  
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had experience with these two skid steer brush cutters. I have read a lot about the davco and how it is a great mower but does leave a bit of a mess. As far as the diamond mower goes I can't seem to find much reviews on it. Has anyone ran a diamond mower? Here is the literature on it http://diamondmowers.com/up/product_literature/Skidsteer_heavy_duty_rotary_Tri_Hex_07-26-2012.pdf It says it has a mulching disk, so I wonder if it is better at not leaving a mess.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brandon

Check out Advanced Forestry Equipments SS Eco mulcher. It has a Disk with teeth on top and bottom as well as the cutting edge. Good footage on youtube.

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #3  
I second the AFE cutter. It looks impressive!

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #4  
I ran a davco for several years. It will chop beyond its capacity but it is not good at remulching or picking up shredded material to recut. the davco is light for the amount of abuse it can withstand. Almost all of the weight is in the blade carrier. It will throw material a long way and because there is no lift restricting device, it can be dangerous if you don't have a lexan cab. For the money, it is a good option for rough cutting or clearing large swaths economically but the end result is less than desirable in my opinion.

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #5  
I like the Afe but its $21,000 the diamond is built strong and leaves a nicer end product than other mowers i've seen and its $11,000 for the 72" cut and i've seen video of it cutting down a 12" tree and mulching it up in under 5 minutes on a bobcat 220s. Would like to see what it would do on a higher horsepower machine.

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #6  
The eco mulcher may cost a lot more, however it is not a bush hog type mower with swinging blades. it is a true disc style mulcher with teeth on top and bottom of the circular disc wheel that mulches the brush as it cuts. Much like the disc on a Feller/Buncher used in logging to stump trees. Check it out on Advanced Forestry Equipments web page.

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #7  
Yea I know I've talked to Jonathan with Afe love the disc mulcher. If I didn't for so many jobs in neighborhoods I probably would have bought one but it sings material out pretty far. So I'm going yo sick with my drum style mulcher with the hood. An run the diamond for jobs were folks aren't wanting to pay $150 an hour. The diamond is alot cheaper to run but can't run it in residential areas because of slinging debris so far. But if I was just mulching on large trac of land an didn't have to worry bout slinging debris into someones house I would have only the Afe disc mulcher, I just need to be able to offer my customers a lower price if they're not wonting to pay my hourly rate on my fae head, thats the main reason I have the diamond mower cheaper to run does a half way decent job on mulching material an it will take out some decent size trees when needed.

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #8  
Yea I know I've talked to Jonathan with Afe love the disc mulcher. If I didn't for so many jobs in neighborhoods I probably would have bought one but it sings material out pretty far. So I'm going yo sick with my drum style mulcher with the hood. An run the diamond for jobs were folks aren't wanting to pay $150 an hour. The diamond is alot cheaper to run but can't run it in residential areas because of slinging debris so far. But if I was just mulching on large trac of land an didn't have to worry bout slinging debris into someones house I would have only the Afe disc mulcher, I just need to be able to offer my customers a lower price if they're not wonting to pay my hourly rate on my fae head, thats the main reason I have the diamond mower cheaper to run does a half way decent job on mulching material an it will take out some decent size trees when needed.

Yea, I'd have to agree with ya on the disc mulcher throwing chips n debris out there along way. I need to invest in some type of rotary mower I guess for situations like you mentioned and also lighter mowing where a drum mulcher is not required. Are you running the 415 now ? If so, how do you like that 2 stage drive motor ?

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #9  
Yea I'm running the cat hm415 matched to the 299d xhp its awesome!

/ Davco vs Diamond Mower #10  
look at bradco ground shark-awsome cutter and also lots safer then the other cutters