looking for more good advice

/ looking for more good advice #1  

ShearHeadMS

Silver Member
Tractor
Massy Furgason 396, ASV-100 with Cimaf, D9H(Frankenstien), D9G(Rusty), D6D(troublemaker), and JD 6420P :)
hey guys, i was on here last year and i was asking about Mulchers. well i took some advice and bought a ASV 100 with a Denis Climaf head, needless to say i made enough that year to pay off the used equipment, then i bought a D9H Cat with a V-shear blade for the big jobs, im doing a acre and a half a hour, and rakeing the same with a D6D. but now i want to get into the big boys, im talking the machines that put it to it in the mulching game. i know a bunch of you guys run Gyrotrac, but has anyone run a BRON? iv heard alot of guys on the pipe lines swear by them, and if anyone knows anything about seppi heads or good productions heads please input, i like my climaf but looking for another head to just have around, but any input would be wonderful!> John

Last edited:
   / looking for more good advice #2  
Call Hendrix Equipment out of Livingston, Tx 936-563-4174 they can tell u all u need to know an put u in contact with some customers running them.

/ looking for more good advice #3  
I've got a Bron 600. It cuts like a sob. I bought mine from Hendrix great guys to deal with. I have the Fecon on mine. Personally I like FAE better cause we got some killer rock up here. I'm looking at changing the head to a 500-U with a rock drum because of the rock. The Fecon seems to spit teeth bad when your in the rock. Softer shale and limestone or decomposed granite is fine I hear up up here we got wicked solid granite and they don't like it. If you go with a big machine remember they cost big money to operate. Count on $250/ hr for a operating cost. Transport is big too If you dont have your own trucks

/ looking for more good advice
thanks Cat i called them this morning and got some good advice on the whole lay out, i just know that i want a machine built for mulching, not a just an attachment. and West is it better to go big or buy a smaller machine and just do house lots and small acres? and that BRON looks like a monster!

/ looking for more good advice #5  
I kinda miss the old days of running around with one machine. It was a lot less stressful. It's pretty tough to have just one big machine unless you work out something with another company to work together. The bigger jobs you need to make it work rarely need just one big machine. Will your local market support a big machine ? For me 90% of my work is 15-20 hrs away from home which really sucks. A 250-300 hp machine is a nice size machine to have but same holds true for them too. Unfortunately

/ looking for more good advice
thats true for everything, if you go to big your limited and if you go to small your limited. trying to get into that section were its just right takes some time and money. but i think for now ill just keep on doing what im doing till the money gets right. got quoted on a new BRON 275, about 250k will get me a new one. i could live with that if i had 250k in my bank :D but i guess ill just start small and work into maybe getting a bigger machine in the future, maybe a BRON 475 or 400 used. guess ill just have to wait and see lol.