Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #1  

KretZ

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland
About two years ago we cleared almost an acre of woods on our land on either side of the road. It was for our wedding, so rather than spend a couple thou on a venue, we made our own. Although after renting a tent, tables, chairs, dishes and all the rest, we probably spent close to that amount. But at least now we have a nice cleared area haha. Anyway here are some before and after pics. I rented a bulldozer and my dad ran it for me. A Case 650 if memory serves. I don't have any pictures of how the whole area looked after the grass came in, but we did get some nice grass to grow.

Attachments

• ash1.jpg
    ash1.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 294
  • ash2.1.jpg
    ash2.1.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 230
  • live ash 2.1.jpg
    live ash 2.1.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 176
  • live ash 2.jpg
    live ash 2.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 200
  • oak1.jpg
    oak1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • oak2.jpg
    oak2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 204
  • road 1.jpg
    road 1.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 247
  • road 2.jpg
    road 2.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 212
  • wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 270
   / Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #3  
Lookin good. There is nothing as satisfying as being able to sit back and say "look how far we've come"!

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #4  
Very nice. And it will be easy to recreate for some special event in the future (25th anniversary, daughter's wedding, etc).

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics
Yeah Dean, thats what I was thinking too. Or at least a good staging area for equipment and materials for when we build. Lots of work ahead.

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #6  
Looked at your profile....was that Ohio land or Germany??

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #7  
Looks great!

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics
These pictures are in Ohio, I am stationed in Germany for the next 3 years. But we don't own any land in Germany. Before we were here, we were only about 5 hours from our hometown (where our land is). That made it easier to shoot over on long weekends to visit with family and work on projects. Our plan is to build our permanent home out there. But everything is kind of on hold while we are here. Luckily the woods pretty much take care of themselves, and my FIL mows the cleared area since his property and cabin border ours right by the clearing.

/ Land cleared for wedding bef/after pics #9  
What part of Ohio are you in? The wife and I have property 40 miles north of Marietta just off of the Ohio river.