Bauma Light for Mini ex

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex #1  

Cooter Brown

Bronze Member
Looking at the Baumalite for my Kx161. It will be used to clear underbrush for septic systems. Most of the trees are sweet gums, oaks and pines 4 inch or smaller. Looking at a USMower but not sure how well it will mulch the trees and how durable it will be in a mulching capacity. Anyone use a Baumalite? Any other options out there?

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex #2  
I have not heard many good things about the Baumalite's. FAE recently introduced a new fixed tooth head for 5-13 ton excavators. Looks pretty promising and could handle the material you are talking about. Also look at the Deni Cimaf DAH-080C and the Fecon CEM36.

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex
The Cimaf head is too heavy for my machine, I will look at the Fecon and Fae. I have talked too Torrent mulchers and they have a unit specially design for this class machine. Anyone know much about them? Thanks for the advice on the Baumalight.

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex #5  
Cooter is right, the DAH-080C is too heavy for the KX161. The pictures showing it mounted on a KX161 were taken during a test, and shouldn't have made it through the website. Oops. I'll get that fixed right away. That said, we are working on a smaller and lighter head, to fit down to a 5-ton excavator, to be introduced hopefully in about two months.

I haven't heard any comments on the BaumaLight - good or bad - but they have been around for a while now, so I guess that means they run their business right and that their products do get some job done. I too am curious to hear from some who have used them...

Cooter is right, the DAH-080C is too heavy for the KX161. The pictures showing it mounted on a KX161 were taken during a test, and shouldn't have made it through the website. Oops. I'll get that fixed right away. That said, we are working on a smaller and lighter head, to fit down to a 5-ton excavator, to be introduced hopefully in about two months.

I haven't heard any comments on the BaumaLight - good or bad - but they have been around for a while now, so I guess that means they run their business right and that their products do get some job done. I too am curious to hear from some who have used them...

I would be interested in the details about your new mulcher.

Are you sure the Cimaf is too big? http://deniscimaf.com/videos/video-dah/dah-photos/dah-080c-kubota-kx1613/ this shows the 80 mounted on a 161. Also look into the new FAE heard rumors they have ran it on as small as a Deere 35D.

All the small mulchers I have seen so far weigh about 1000 pounds and that is a load on the end of a KX161. The Torrent Mulcher weighs around 600 pounds which so far looks like the best solution for this size machine. I however have no experience with mulchers so thats why I am hoping to get some insight from you guys with experience.

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex #9  
Looking at the Baumalite for my Kx161. It will be used to clear underbrush for septic systems. Most of the trees are sweet gums, oaks and pines 4 inch or smaller. Looking at a USMower but not sure how well it will mulch the trees and how durable it will be in a mulching capacity. Anyone use a Baumalite? Any other options out there?

Baumalight has a light duty mulcher designed for mini's. It uses 12-20 GPM and will mulch up to 2" brush. Weight is 750 Lbs. Good performance.

/ Bauma Light for Mini ex #10  
I haven't tested out the used Baumalight I bought for my excavator yet, but in thumbing through the manual it says to expect to replace 4 to 6 teeth per day with regular use!