any use for tree stumps?

/ any use for tree stumps?
make a type of berm. Animals love it.

sounds like an underwater reef that's not underwater...
Or where Brer Rabbit goes to hide from Mr. Hawk or Mrs Fox.

maybe I should ask some of the local woodworkers, and there are many, but some I know well, for a long time.
Not so much for the stumps but for the log itself, and whether they want to dry their own wood. Not sure where the closest planing mill is,
but even if I have to drive to Lancaster, and hopefully much closer, it's a one day deal. Though I'm not going to do that for a poplar tree, better be a variety in high demand.

And after I have tantalized these serious craftsmen with my tales of walnut tree trunks, then maybe I'll slip in the stump, or two. :D

/ any use for tree stumps? #13  
stumps are excellent for erosion control. Putting them on contour on the where a property slopes off will help slow erosion and create, over time, natural berms and terraces. We do that with a lot of wood that I don't chip or mulch. Adding organic matter back to your property can't hurt.

Big stumps can be cut if they are the right type of wood. They then can become table bases with some pressure washing to get the dirt out.

stumps are excellent for erosion control.
this got me thinking and I have several places where lining up some stumps would work nicely. Thanks.

I'm thinking I need to keep one chain just for stumps. I have to cut up several logs that are hollow, including the stump, and there's
all kinds of rotted material inside, and in places mud on the outside. I mean, who ever heard of a clean stump...

/ any use for tree stumps? #15  
I dug up a bunch of stumps last summer and placed them in various spots on the perimeter of my property... Don't have an ATV or snowmobile problem, and with the stumps there.... it's extra insurance... Will be doing the same next summer...