Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massy Furgason 396, ASV-100 with Cimaf, D9H(Frankenstien), D9G(Rusty), D6D(troublemaker), and JD 6420P :)

Default Kershaw?

hey guys, just went and looked at a Kershaw 500 Klearway rubber tired mulcher, it looked pretty cool but im kinda scared to get involved with a company that iv never heard of, I know for a Fact that Prentice makes a monster of a machine, i got to run a 2670 with a Seppi head on it last week to. To me the Barko is a decent machine but i feel i could do better with a old wore out Hydro-Axe. i spent a long time working on old Hydro-Axes and Timber Jacks. but anyway, will anyone chime in on what they think about the Kershaw or any rubber tired carrier?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mihindra 3616

Default Re: Kershaw?

While I have no direct experience, Kershaw has been making railroad track repair equipment since the 1940's.
    Railroad MOW Equipment - Progress Rail Services
    Cam

Platinum Member

Kershaw has been around for a while, they have been making skytrim cutters the longest. They have some very good engineers. They are owned by Caterpillar now. Ask them for a few references and check them out. I think you will found better customer satisfaction than any other machine. Plus they are priced right. Call and ask for Mike Balkom
    Robbie Hegwood
    404-379-5897

Bronze Member

Like has been stated already Kershaw has been around for a very long time. Kershaw is owned by Progress Rail which was bought out by Caterpillar 2years ago or so. I have personally never ran any of there brush clearing equipment but have about 6 years experience running there Ballast Regulators for the railroad. There customer service is second to none and have an excellent parts and technical service department!

Tractor
    9540 Kubota, 30hp New Holland

Yeah, do contact Mike Balcom... a good man. We ran some of the first ones with a Fecon... Dennison low flow... long learning curve. Their new one really looks good, you don't have to climb over the tires to get in...
    If you have run an Ax I'm not sure you will like the older Kershaw as much. I don't know about the new one... call Mike and ask for a ride