/ Newbie #1  

srstanfield

Tractor
2008 John Deere 310 SJ, 1991 Cat D3C III, 1974 International 454, 1995 Komatsu PC200, 1984 International Dump Truck , 2007 Fecon FTX140FM
Just purchased FTX140FM. New to this kind of equipment. Owned Bobcat, Dozer Backhoe, and Trackhoe. Always wanted to learn. If anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated. Mainly self taught, but I get a little help from my friends. No, a lot of help.:cool:

/ Newbie
Thanx

/ Newbie #4  
:welcome:

/ Newbie #6  
I'm sure the pros will chime in shortly, but I think you made a good choice, personally after running a few machines, I find that the 140 series has a lot of versatility with the loader arms. But keeping in mind I don't think it would be good for large scale clearing, but I'm sure smaller jobs will pay just as good starting out. Best of luck to ya man!

/ Newbie
Some of the work will be for myself, but smaller jobs will be my forte. If larger jobs present themselves, then larger machines will be the answer. You gotta crawl before you walk.

/ Newbie
I'm sure the pros will chime in shortly, but I think you made a good choice, personally after running a few machines, I find that the 140 series has a lot of versatility with the loader arms. But keeping in mind I don't think it would be good for large scale clearing, but I'm sure smaller jobs will pay just as good starting out. Best of luck to ya man!

What is a fair rate to charge for this machine?

/ Newbie #9  
Yep, if only I could have learned that lesson sooner I would have been a lot better off! I wouldn't charge any less than 160-220, but I'm no pro at figuring, that why I'm still clearing with dozers

/ Newbie
Yep, if only I could have learned that lesson sooner I would have been a lot better off! I wouldn't charge any less than 160-220, but I'm no pro at figuring, that why I'm still clearing with dozers

I was thinking about $200/hour. I haven't calculated fuel cost, labor and potential repair costs including teeth and maintenance to determine % to expect as net profit, but I will.