HM415B carbides

/ HM415B carbides #1  

cat tracks

Tractor
john deere 2520
Howdy all, new guy here hoping to gain some knowledge. I took delivery of a new 299D XHP wit a HM415B mulcher a couple weeks ago and while at the cat parts department today I found out the carbides run 104 dollars and change, didn't even ask about the double carbide. Can anyone tell me if there are other brands that work on this mulcher that might be less expensive, would the wear rate be better or worse, balance issues, does anyone make a planer style etc. Thanks in advance for any information and advice.

/ HM415B carbides #2  
That is crazy expensive... Call your local fecon dealer, or look up king kong knives, or quadco and see if they have any substitutes.

/ HM415B carbides #3  
That is crazy expensive... Call your local fecon dealer, or look up king kong knives, or quadco and see if they have any substitutes.

Dont know why you would call Fecon when its an FAE based head probably have better luck with them.:thumbsup:

/ HM415B carbides #4  
Ya my bad greens, thought it was fecon based, so call your local FAE dealer. I tested one out, machine seemed to struggle with the weight of the head. But i did not run it long, and the access for cleanout was not ideal

/ HM415B carbides #5  
Ya my bad greens, thought it was fecon based, so call your local FAE dealer. I tested one out, machine seemed to struggle with the weight of the head. But i did not run it long, and the access for cleanout was not ideal

No worries im not too familiar with the Cat/FAE but hopefully its not like the Bobcat head built by Fecon. The teeth have to be bought through bobcat due to a unique bolt pattern they use just for the Bobcat branded Fecon head.

/ HM415B carbides #6  
I run quadcos on my hm415b have ran kings but like quadcos set up, give Jim Pike a call 1-800-873-0965

/ HM415B carbides
Thanks for the recomendations fellas. Cat dealer can't even supply a manual (for info like torque specs). They claim it's too new but gave me some info on the 315 and said it should be similar, but it's still limited. Welcome to the learning curve, huh? :) I'll try these places ya'll mention, don't need 'em yet but that day will come and I don't want to scramble for 'em.

/ HM415B carbides #8  
Thanks for the recomendations fellas. Cat dealer can't even supply a manual (for info like torque specs). They claim it's too new but gave me some info on the 315 and said it should be similar, but it's still limited. Welcome to the learning curve, huh? :) I'll try these places ya'll mention, don't need 'em yet but that day will come and I don't want to scramble for 'em.

Give fae a call on the manual, they are great guys an will help any way they can. But once u work on it a few times u won't need a manual pretty straight forward, if u ever need help with any thing let me know

/ HM415B carbides #9  
You guys seem to know your stuff, anyone know how to turn the psi up on hydraulic pump on Bobcat t870, my cat runs at 4100 psi, my bobcat is at 3500, originally 3100 but then I had them turn it up. One thing cat has is alot of power on that new 299D XHP

/ HM415B carbides #10  
You guys seem to know your stuff, anyone know how to turn the psi up on hydraulic pump on Bobcat t870, my cat runs at 4100 psi, my bobcat is at 3500, originally 3100 but then I had them turn it up. One thing cat has is alot of power on that new 299D XHP

If your 299d xhp is one of the earliest ones it could be putting out 45gpm an up to 4500psi these pumps we're calibrated wrong from the factory