Everything's gone

/ Everything's gone
Thanks for all your prayers guys, it means a lot and its really helping. I just feel bad for all the people who are getting swindled by storm chasers, I know it's ok to make a buck or two off stuff like this, but when you pull up to someone's destroyed house and yell out 1300 and I'll clean up your yard don't sit well with me....

/ Everything's gone #35  
ShearHeadMS said:
Thanks for all your prayers guys, it means a lot and its really helping. I just feel bad for all the people who are getting swindled by storm chasers, I know it's ok to make a buck or two off stuff like this, but when you pull up to someone's destroyed house and yell out 1300 and I'll clean up your yard don't sit well with me....

Yes, not much compassion in that offer. Keep praying and doing the good works of helping hour neighbors. :thumbsup:

/ Everything's gone #36  

Disasters bring out the best in many people, and the worst in a few.

Neigbours like yourself pulling together; that will be remembered long after the scars on the land disappear.

Best Wishes from Canada, for a safe cleanup for all.

Rgds, D.

/ Everything's gone #37  
Was one of the first responders to the Marmaduke, AR tornado ten or so years ago. It basically wiped out the small town my in laws lived in.
Shocking at first, then amazing (at least there) when you find out the majority if the folks are OK. Then you just have to deal with it. Push the crap up into piles street side to be hauled off and burned. FEMA will contract with folks to do the hauling. The pace at which the power folks rebuild a grid is pretty awesome too.
Hang in there, it only sucks till it gets better, and it gets a little better each day. I think I lived on Vienna Sausage, skittles, and bottled water for a few days back then. I can look back and smile now and believe it or not you will too one of these days. I still see folks I met there, just working at clearing the same tree or whatever. As was said, as long as you and yours are not hurt, the rest if it is just stuff.
Sending another prayer your way,
Hill Farmer

/ Everything's gone
Got up at 6 this morning and got in touch with a friend of mine who owns a small logging operation down the road from me, a member of my church who's mother had a tree go through her house didn't have home insurance. But she did have about 15 very good sized long leaf pines in her yard, sawed the large ones into 18 foot logs and the tops into paper wood logs, got about 2 really good truck loads out and to the mill, needless to say she will have enough money to fix her home and a little extra, makes ya feel good to know you really helped someone who really needed it!

Oh and one of the guys ran over my sthil 440....... Thinking I might go buy a husky now

Last edited:
   / Everything's gone #39  
Sorry to hear of your news.
God Bless people like you who are will to help.