Everything's gone

/ Everything's gone #41  
Got up at 6 this morning and got in touch with a friend of mine who owns a small logging operation down the road from me, a member of my church who's mother had a tree go through her house didn't have home insurance. But she did have about 15 very good sized long leaf pines in her yard, sawed the large ones into 18 foot logs and the tops into paper wood logs, got about 2 really good truck loads out and to the mill, needless to say she will have enough money to fix her home and a little extra, makes ya feel good to know you really helped someone who really needed it!

Oh and one of the guys ran over my sthil 440....... Thinking I might go buy a husky now

Hard to get away from that "No good deed goes unpunished" factor in life sometimes.....

My saws are old, so can't offer any thoughts on new ones.

Aside from a large pile (pun intended) of work,done for someone in need, I really like the fact that you used a few trees to solve a problem created by another tree - great symmetry there.

Rgds, D.

/ Everything's gone #42  
Prayers from South Louisiana. Im only a few hours south of yall, let me know if yall need anything.

/ Everything's gone #44  
Thanks for all your prayers guys, it means a lot and its really helping. I just feel bad for all the people who are getting swindled by storm chasers, I know it's ok to make a buck or two off stuff like this, but when you pull up to someone's destroyed house and yell out 1300 and I'll clean up your yard don't sit well with me....

It's a miracle no one was killed by that tornado. A couple of years ago I went with a church group to help clean up after a tornado. The older lady we helped had been swindled earlier in the week. She was so thankful for folks that just wanted to help out.

/ Everything's gone #45  
It's a miracle no one was killed by that tornado. A couple of years ago I went with a church group to help clean up after a tornado. The older lady we helped had been swindled earlier in the week. She was so thankful for folks that just wanted to help out.

That kind of stuff makes my blood boil. When people have that kind of worry on their mind and then someone tries to gouge them for money, especially elderly people. Shearhead how is the cleanup going. you have our prayers. LUTT

/ Everything's gone #46  
So sorry Shearhead! Hang in there with all courage! May God hear and help you all. don-ohio :(

/ Everything's gone
Update; everything is coming together very well, getting a lot of help from different tree crews, most of the damage is gone and the trees have been cleared along with other debris. Looks like I'll have to put the mulching plan on the back burner due to the fact that I just bought a tigercat 718 and a cat 518, will be using them to take care of wooded areas that have massive damage

/ Everything's gone #48  
Update; everything is coming together very well, getting a lot of help from different tree crews, most of the damage is gone and the trees have been cleared along with other debris. Looks like I'll have to put the mulching plan on the back burner due to the fact that I just bought a tigercat 718 and a cat 518, will be using them to take care of wooded areas that have massive damage
Here's wishing you and everyone else affected, continued progress.

/ Everything's gone #49  

It has been impressive to see the neighborly help many have given. One of my family members was in the direct path. We moved in the following weekend with tractor and couple of skid steers and made a big difference.

Curious to hear of your saw choice. I have a Stihl 250 with 18" bar and would like to add a bigger saw. Was looking at Stihl 290, 391 and 440 and was considering something longer than a 20". Was thinking 22" to 24". Not sure what choices are out there. Definitely thinking Stihl. Why considering the Husky?

/ Everything's gone #50  
It has been impressive to see the neighborly help many have given. One of my family members was in the direct path. We moved in the following weekend with tractor and couple of skid steers and made a big difference.

Curious to hear of your saw choice. I have a Stihl 250 with 18" bar and would like to add a bigger saw. Was looking at Stihl 290, 391 and 440 and was considering something longer than a 20". Was thinking 22" to 24". Not sure what choices are out there. Definitely thinking Stihl. Why considering the Husky?

If you can find a 440 magnum get it!! Perhaps you meant 460 which is still a great saw! If you want to run anything bigger then a 20" bar then the 460 is the saw for you. Huskys rev higher then Stihls and a lot of people like that. Me personally ill take either brand but happen to have a Stihl ms pro 260 and a Stihl pro limb saw.