Everything's gone

/ Everything's gone #51  
If you can find a 440 magnum get it!! Perhaps you meant 460 which is still a great saw! If you want to run anything bigger then a 20" bar then the 460 is the saw for you. Huskys rev higher then Stihls and a lot of people like that. Me personally ill take either brand but happen to have a Stihl ms pro 260 and a Stihl pro limb saw.

Actually was looking at a new brochure from Stihl at all the saws and felt like the Pro series 440 was "middle-of-the-road" for the Pro series group. I certainly do not cut for a living but wouldn't mind having one a little bigger with longer bar for the occasional bigger tree. Pines during storm clean up and oaks for firewood. Will be hard to sway me from Stihl. The ms250 I have is probably ten years old with no maintenance issues. I believe it is still on original spark plug!

/ Everything's gone #52  
Actually was looking at a new brochure from Stihl at all the saws and felt like the Pro series 440 was "middle-of-the-road" for the Pro series group. I certainly do not cut for a living but wouldn't mind having one a little bigger with longer bar for the occasional bigger tree. Pines during storm clean up and oaks for firewood. Will be hard to sway me from Stihl. The ms250 I have is probably ten years old with no maintenance issues. I believe it is still on original spark plug!

I think the 441 replaced the 440 and while its been a good saw, the 440 still has a cult like following. My friend has a ms250 and has never had a problem either. I will say that a logger who was logging my place onetime told me a 460 will do anything you could ever need a chainsaw to do. It's what they used and ran 24" bars on them.

/ Everything's gone
I'm considering a husky only because I have recently got to run one a pretty good bit, to me the 372xp has a more smooth feel to it and I just like the way it feels in the hands, the 440 was a great saw, but seemed more rugged and not as smooth.

/ Everything's gone #54  
how are things going now...hoping ccleanup progressing. We had a bad tornado years ago in Jarrell, took 5 years for reasonable return to normalcy. Still thinking and praying for you and yours.

/ Everything's gone #55  
I'm considering a husky only because I have recently got to run one a pretty good bit, to me the 372xp has a more smooth feel to it and I just like the way it feels in the hands, the 440 was a great saw, but seemed more rugged and not as smooth.

I'm a stihl guy 361 and ms660. My buddy has a 372xp and for the weight its definitely got great power and is smooth like you say. At 5.3 hp and 13.4 lbs its 0.3 hp less than the 441 and 1.2 lbs less weight big win.
I still prefer my ms660 for big wood but it gains mass throughout the day but 7 hp definitely puts a smile on my face.

if i had to replace my ms361 i would definitely consider the 372XP since it's only 0.4 lbs heavier than the ms362 but has 0.7 more HP

Sorry to hear about your loss

/ Everything's gone
Everything is about back to normal guys, thank you all so much for the prayers and help. It really meant a lot to see people from all over actually care to take the time to spare a thought, work wise everything is slow, when the loggers don't work we don't clear, but I'm having to much fun with my new toys to stop. It's nice when you finally get to doing what you love doing.

/ Everything's gone #57  
I run 660s with a 20" bar for my main saw. For big wood, I have an 088 with 42" and 72" bars.

Tree removal is my main work, residential and commercial.

My climber's main ground saw is a 290, but he's 6" shorter and 70lbs lighter than me. I rarely notice the 660's weight.

Started using 44s as my main saw, then 46s, and for the past 4 years or so it's exclusively 660s.

/ Everything's gone
Well everything is back to normal and all the trees have been cut, houses that could be saved have been saved, and the ones who lost homes now have a place to stay, I can't thank you guys enough for the prayers and words of confidence. If anything devastation should come y'all's way, you can be I'll do everything I can to return the favor, even if I gata drive across the country. Thanks guys

/ Everything's gone #60  
i ran huskys for 13 or so years and nothing else, but that was prior to the "made for home depot" days. They just dont seem to have the same quality and longevity since... even the xp models. I still have one 372xp that is at least 10yrs old that cuts at least 2 full days a week, but have to agree with lumberjack if your purchasing a new model, and i would go with the stihl. ms 360, 440, or bigger are bullet proof in my opinion. My hat is off to you for your service to your community. They are truly blessed to have you!