dah 080c and daf 180d

/ dah 080c and daf 180d #1  

notrees

Tractor
Bucket trucks, S300, Vermeer 502, Bandit 2890, gooseneck dumps, 2010 Ftx 148L with samurais, Kubota L2500
if anyone here is using the dah 080c on an excavator or a dah 180d on a skid steer i could use some info on what machine you are pushing them with and how you like them. i am considering a purchase of one or both. thank you

/ dah 080c and daf 180d #2  
I ran my 180d with a cat 297c, I've ran serval different mulching heads fecons, fae, loftness, and none of them hold a match to the cimaf buy them u would find a better head. Once u run a cimaf u wouldn't be satisfied with anything else!

/ dah 080c and daf 180d
It will take something pretty impressive to change my mind on the cimaf head.. Im quite sure that will be my choice. Im having trouble figuring out what i want to run it with. Im a tree surgeon by trade and im really attracted to the ability to always keep a fresh sharp edge on the cimaf.. something that is not so easily done with the traditional carbide cutters.. the extra expense of teeth is not a concern if my machine is always "cutting" instead of "banging". Clarify something for me here if you will... I am looking for max hp for pushing the head longer without bogging down, and also for catching up when the head is slowed, right? and Im looking for max gallons per min on the high flow as well.. Is that correct? I owned a case 90xt with a fecon head in 2006 for a while, and was not impressed. I bought it used in a package deal and have never matched machine to head as I am attempting to do here. I would love to get it right the first time.

/ dah 080c and daf 180d #4  
I bought a cat 299d xhp back in july it's been great so far with a cimaf coupled to it, it will out perform my rayco c140

/ dah 080c and daf 180d
wow.. thats saying alot. Ill look at the specs. thanks again for your input. Much appreciated

/ dah 080c and daf 180d #6  
like Cat297 say's...... this new 299D is a beast!!!!!!! i have never ran anything so powerful with a mulcher!. I am telling you from a operators stand point, you really need to try one with a Climf Head....... you will not want anything else.