Price per acre to remove stumps

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #1  

Hawg Daddy

Tractor
John Deere
I have another post on here about what would be the best piece of equipment to buy to remove the stumps on 500 acres.Now I'd like to see what would it cost to get it done (planted pines 4 rows already 5th rowed 4 years ago) job would be in southcentral Ga. and it maybe that we give you a call but for now just looking into other options.

Thanks HD

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #2  
tell us more. how big are the stumps? what is the ultimate plan for the acreage? replant? pasture?

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #3  
Im not famiar with the soil in georgia but i'll take an educated guess @ your question since no one else will. Figure $600-800 per acre just to push stumps into piles to rot and smooth ground back out enough that you can handle it with farm equip. Thats an terribly large chunk of money, which is why I suggested (in your other thread) that yall buy equip yourselves and sell it when finished. I think you will come out much better this way.

Last edited:
   / Price per acre to remove stumps
Just looking at it from few different angles,I talked to a farmer around where I live and he told me 800-1000 an acre......... so it's looking like let them rot and plant grass and millet around them since we're just looking at running cattle for now.

Thanks pjbci

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #5  
Sounds like a good plan. Stumps get expensive removing and it would take years to turn a profit with cows on that size project.

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #6  
Removing stumps on that amount of acreage would, indeed, be very expensive. BTW, the stumps will take longer than you think to rot. Juxt a thought.

/ Price per acre to remove stumps #7  
And when they finally rot, there will be a hole two to three feet deep, eight to ten inch yellow pine stumps will rot in about 12 years in E Va.

I cleared a couple acres that had been clear cut of mixed hardwoods and Pine 12 years previously , two years later i started finding all these holes in my pasture, I dug down into them and found pine bark in everyone.

--J