Anyone use a Brush Grubber?

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #11  
I have the smallest, baby brush grubber. It works great for pulling trees and shrubs up to 3" dia. But you really need to use it in a two man team, taking turns between being the grubber b!tch who connects the grubber and resets it onto the next tree after you get one out.

I had one of those. It was very susceptible to bending. At one point, it broke a shrub I was pulling using a chain and it shot back and landed on the hood denting it and chipping the windshield of my truck. I therefore would not recommend one.

Whoa. You must have been pulling out something massive to get that much tension on your line. I can't really understand this though. I've had my grubber slip off the tree many times, and each time it just flopped with a dull thud onto the ground. Were you pulling in reverse?

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #13  
I have the smallest, baby brush grubber. It works great for pulling trees and shrubs up to 3" dia. But you really need to use it in a two man team, taking turns between being the grubber b!tch who connects the grubber and resets it onto the next tree after you get one out.

Whoa. You must have been pulling out something massive to get that much tension on your line. I can't really understand this though. I've had my grubber slip off the tree many times, and each time it just flopped with a dull thud onto the ground. Were you pulling in reverse?

It was a 2.5" shrub at the base. I'm not sure what they are but they're very ugly and tough. I'd pulled a bunch out before it broke the shrub in half while I was backing with a straightened heavy chain. Since the chain wasn't twisted and it had slipped off and just dropped before, I was somewhat surprised. Backing...I'd rather not but half my neck is fused and I go out of my way to place unnecessary demands on the remaining discs. Geez, the tractor has a backup camera.

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #14  
In any case, sorry to hear about that, that sucks.

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #15  
Not really. Now the hood looks as bad as the rest of the truck. And the windscreen? I don't see that well anymore anyway so I don't notice it unless I'm looking for it which is never.

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #16  
I'm considering getting a Brush Grubber Xtreme to pull out some shrubs (clumps of 5 or so 1" canes) and saplings (2-3" hardwood, 3-5" pine and cedar). One possibility is to use this device:
BrushGrubber | Brush Grubber Xtreme
Does anyone here have experience with it that you would like to share?

I got the Xtreme Plus because of the 4500 pound lift rating on my Versahandler. I wanted it to pull broken roots left from popping trees out with the stump bucket.

P2180004.JPG

A 3" trunk partially cut with the rotary mower, was pulled easily.
Hooked on.
P2180034.JPG

Moving up.
P2180036.JPG

Hard to see, but the longest root was about 12' long.
P2180037.JPG

The Plus is heavy and hard to remove from the pulled stump, I will take a small prybar next time to pry the pads out of the stump. Standing on one handle while pulling up on the other handle would open it after pulling roots, but sometimes had to pry the root off of the other pad.
But it does work! Just wore me out! But I am old and worn out anyway

Last edited:
   / Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #17  
I also bought the hand operated one, for pulling prickly pear cactus.P2180026.JPGP2180027.JPGP2180029.JPGP2180030.JPGP2180031.JPG

I pulled some small cedars, see the roots.
P2180028.JPG

If you get a hold of something you can't pull with both hands on it, it doesn't slip it just stays there listening to you grunt and groan!

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #18  
I use a BG8 and it works great. The only downside is it gets rather heavy after a hour or so of use and opening the spring-loaded jaws becomes more difficult.

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #19  
Just bought the extreme for 89.00 from forestry supplies

/ Anyone use a Brush Grubber? #20  
Does anybody know of a supplier in Canada for this device? I have lots of stumping to get done