Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #11  
i have used chains on a 25hp tractor for about 5 years, gal chain didnt last anytime, hi tensile lasted the best, broke rocks and throw them 50 mtrs on the full, the cost of the hi tensile was alot compared to load binding chains, i found it did rob a bit of power, but mulched the grasses more so than cutters, a lot of the jobs i have done are the type nobody wants to do, engine blocks gearbox's and all sorts of rubbish, i took the original blades off, they were on a single bar, 10mm chain is used, my deck is ruined after 5 years, but it has taken a lot of punishment.
cheers stuart

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #12  
"My deck was ruined in 5yrs" ........ I can imagine.........

In a brush hog style deck, if I had that kind of rough mowing to do I think I would try the cable option. At least at first or once.
Kind of a giant string trimmer type thing.

I'd like to hear more about the cable option........... Pictures would be good also.....

Good luck

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #13  
Oh no! another Farm Show reader.:thumbsup: I don't know about you, but when it hit's my mailbox, I'm good for nuthin for about an hour or better:laughing:

I honestly let mine run out. It seems like the projects were so much cooler in the "old days".

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #14  
After first trying the idea by fitting chains to my tractor drawn slasher/bush hog , I had a hydraulic version made to my specs for the excavator . Simply brilliant ! Makes a mulcher look stupid in small stuff .

Use 80 grade Herc Alloy chain (which comes with an engineering certificate) and spin the rotor AWAY from your machine . I had to reverse the gearing in the gearbox so it would throw material away from the machine , instead of towards .

View attachment 308370

View attachment 308371

View attachment 308372

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #15  
After first trying the idea by fitting chains to my tractor drawn slasher/bush hog , I had a hydraulic version made to my specs for the excavator . Simply brilliant ! Makes a mulcher look stupid in small stuff .

Use 80 grade Herc Alloy chain (which comes with an engineering certificate) and spin the rotor AWAY from your machine . I had to reverse the gearing in the gearbox so it would throw material away from the machine , instead of towards .

What's the thickness of the deck on that bad boy? Nice setup by the way.

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #16  
What's the thickness of the deck on that bad boy? Nice setup by the way.

Thanks , the top deck is 1/2" and the ends and sides are 5/8" , it is no cheap toy they sell from China . I can push down on it to raise the tracks for turning .

I used the tilting hitch from a cheap mud bucket so it can either float over the ground contours(without the hoses hooked up) or can be tilted for road cutting mowing etc(with the hoses hooked up) .

/ Chains for blade replacement on a Slasher/Bush Hog #17  
I had a hydraulic version made to my specs for the excavator . Simply brilliant ! Makes a mulcher look stupid in small stuff .

G'day, I'm looking for something similar for our excavator. Could you please let me know who made it for you and if you're still happy with it?

I'm based in the Hunter Valley