Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member ALittleDirtWontHurt's Avatar
    Tractor
    Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland LT185b, New Holland LS170, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, ASV RC50

Default "no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!

"no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!-20130321_145508.jpg

guess this is the motivation i needed to go ahead and buy that new machine

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: "no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!

Rut Roh!... that can't be good.. I hope you had insurance
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: "no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!

yikes! what happened?

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Oh my god!

Can we get some details?

On a positive note, the site looks great!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland LT185b, New Holland LS170, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, ASV RC50

it was my last 30 minutes of running on a 4 acre job.....caused by debris in the engine compartment (which we clean out CONSTANTLY), coupled with a windy dry spell, ignited by the exhaust pipe, with the reversing fan fueling the flames! the "stock" fire extinguisher was no match, although it only started as very small ember that barely made any smoke. after a few five gallon buckets of water i ran down through the woods, i quickly realized she was done. the fire department had to take care of the rest. luckily they were able to drive the brush truck to the site (three different times!). i ditched it in the middle of the field knowing it could turn bad quickly, which ended up being a great move because otherwise half the county would still be burning. the mulcher head survived at least.

now i need to find a way to drag that sucker out of the woods to where the winch truck can take it.

replacing it with a CAT 299D XHP or a TEREX PT110 Forestry. Any thoughts anyone between these two???
    "no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!-20130322_140357.jpg
    "no burning, no hauling.....just mulch" ---- I MEANT NO BURN-PILES!!-20130322_140736.jpg

I shopped hard. I demoed the 299. It is a nice machine, but i ended up with a pt 110. I have approx 100 hrs on it.. Its a beast. Not trouble free mind you but very easy to maintain. I would advise you to pay very close attention to your dealer support and who will be your warranty service provider.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    I shopped hard. I demoed the 299. It is a nice machine, but i ended up with a pt 110. I have approx 100 hrs on it.. Its a beast. Not trouble free mind you but very easy to maintain. I would advise you to pay very close attention to your dealer support and who will be your warranty service provider.

I'm leaning towards the PT 110 since I'll be using it mostly for a mulching application (with shear and grapple as well) over the Cat, due mainly because of the lower ground pressure and higher ground clearance. More coolant capacity and hyd. oil capacity seems like a plus too with hot temps. What sort of issues have you had on the PT?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Glad no one got hurt.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

OUCH..hope the insurance comes thru.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast