Any one run an AFE SS Eco

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #1  

05rammer

Bronze Member
I was wondering if any one has run an AFE SS Eco on a skid steer? They look real productive. Found a head to head video on youtube against a Bobcat head and the Eco more than doubled the production of the same machine. Any insite would be great

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #2  
I let u know something towards the end of next week been suppose to demo one, salesman called monday an said it would be next week

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #3  
the videos look pretty impressive. any idea on cost for a new unit?

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #4  
Cat dealer wants 26,000 for one last year I called AFE they wanted 21,500 For it but now that my cat dealership picked them up I can no longer buy direct from advanced forestry equipment

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #6  
wonder how they fare with a surprise stump in a grown up clear-cut. interested too in the running cost with teeth, maintenance etc

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco
Cat did you get your demo?

/ Any one run an AFE SS Eco #8  
Yea I ran it Sunday and Monday, wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. First off when my salesman dropped it off Sunday an I hooked it up and kicked it on I noticed it had a bad bad vibration, got out we checked for missing teeth and for broke teeth but everything seemed fine. I'll get back to the vibration later, the cut: i had to see what it would do so i cut threw a 18 inch popcorn tree no problem then mulched it up with the teeth on the bottom of the disc this took about the same amount of time that my fae would have taken, smaller trees and underbrush works good in just need to go slow and keep the disc speed up because once it's stalls out it takes a good 20 seconds or more to be back at full speed. I was impressed with cutting and sucking in and completely mulching up 6 in pines in the blink of a eye. I wouldn't recommend running any oak threw it much bigger than 4 to 5 inches even at full speed some times it would cut an suck it threw and mulch them up an some times jam, some times I was able to put the disc out the edge of a stump an turn the entire machine to try to dislodge the jam but other times it took a chain and one time I broke the chain 3 times before I got the jam out. Oaks that size or bigger need to be cut down then, grind with the teeth on the bottom in my opinion, but some times that hard when u cut it then it sucks it right in,but more seat time running it u would probably get better. Now back to the vibration I called a guy that's got one already to ask if his vibrates bad. He said its not supposed to vibrate that much but, said not too long after he got his he was trying to mulch a rotten pine tree when the disc found the heart of the tree a suck it in and jammed after the jam was free it got a real bad vibration. Come to find out he had bent his shaft he said if he had to guess that's probably what was wrong with the one that I demoed, I didn't get to talk to him till after I demoed mine so I couldn't check to see if it was bent, so finding that out I think I'm going to wait until there's more heads running and just to see how the last.

Last edited:
   / Any one run an AFE SS Eco #9  
Here are some pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130414_193300.png
    ForumRunner_20130414_193300.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 1,486
  • ForumRunner_20130414_193312.png
    ForumRunner_20130414_193312.png
    626.1 KB · Views: 650
   / Any one run an AFE SS Eco
Looks good. How's the 299 holding up?