Jonsered coming to TSC

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #21  
I've owned two Jonsereds, the current one, being a CS 2159. Both good saws bought locally through authorized dealers/service centers. I've also looked at and used a couple Husqvarnas that some friends own. Yes, they're all made in the same factory and there are many similarities, but there are also little changes that keep them from being the same thing with a different paint job.

Interesting that TSC is deciding to carry J reds, as to date, so far Jonsered doesn't make a crap product. Homeowners and professional lines, yes, but no crap... yet. I would still be more inclined to stick with a dealer who will service what they sell.

I hope this doesn't cheapen/ruin the name.

Joe

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #22  
i and my dad both bought a jonsereds in the 80s they are great saws you could sit them down and walk away and they would idle till you came back,nothing but good to say about them.

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #23  
Do not purchase anything serious at TSC. They will carry something for awhile and then it disappears. Look at the number of welding suppliers they have had. They are still better then Quality Farm and Fleet which diappeared as a company.

We have had (and still have) farm and fleets around here since I was a kid. We have just recently been seeing some tsc's in the area and I am not impressed. I was drawn to them originally because of their prices but their quality is way lower than what i am used to at our farm&fleets. We now also have some rural kings and a big R in the area and i am not impressed with them either. Prices are decent and some have a bigger ag selection but overall i think they have cheaper products. Big R and rural king carry stihl products though and F&F just started carrying echo. I prefer stihl personally but go to an actual dealer for those things. Stihl won't let them have their prices any lower than the dealers so their is no advantage going there.

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #24  
It may also matter the area you are in. In IL we mostly have "blain's farm and fleet". WI has many "mill's fleet farm. " I think they are somehow related but are not nearly the same store.

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #25  
I own a few jonsereds and I can't say anything bad about them, sthil, husky, and jonsered are great saws, but my money maker is a dolmar 7900, my recommendation is to never buy a chainsaw from a box store, unless your looking at a throw away saw that you will only need just a little bit of good out of

/ Jonsered coming to TSC #26  
I have run huskys, stihl, jonsared and craftsman. I personally have a ms660, 361, and 362 saws a br660 ans fr90 if I remember right. I prefer stihl. They can sit two months and start on the first or second pull. I haven't had that luck with huskys. To me they are harder to start and more temperamental. They must build a decent saw or they wouldn't be in business though. It's all personal preference. As long as things don't change drastically for stihl it's all I will run but if I'm given a husky on a job I guess I'd use it too. We have them for vent saws at the fd and I can't stand them but they are better than an axe

Brett